Oneida Dust Deputy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oneida Dust Deputy

Has anyone tried out the Oneida Dust Deputy, the mini cyclone that costs about $200? The advertising looks too good to be true yet I know the big cyclones work.

Jay

I made a similar one out of a 5 gallon pail and a stick vac that the wife didn't use any more. Not GREAT but helps. I'd never seen the Oneida Dust Deputy but if I had I might have bought it. I'm always eager to try something new and take advantage of 30 day money back guarantess if they offer them! ROTF
    Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

garbage can pre filter

I tried the garbage can as a pre filter in front of the shop vacuum and the vac kept it empty. Too much air for that shape. The cyclone shape should prevent that.

Jay

Comment

PS one review

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=26902

one review of the mini cyclone

Jay

Comment

Oneida web page

Perhaps I should have included the page for Oneida Air. Oneida makes cyclones of the larger size and this one is the first of mini cyclones.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=26902

It sure looks good.

Jay

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
            Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
            by meflick
            got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
            Yesterday, 08:21 PM
          • Jo Labre
            Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
            by Jo Labre
            At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
            Yesterday, 11:13 AM
          • hotshot
            by hotshot
            The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
            Yesterday, 10:14 AM
          • Rolf
            by Rolf
            Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
            Yesterday, 09:32 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
            by Rolf
            I haven't even decided what to make!
            Yesterday, 09:27 AM
          Working...
          X