Dewalt Scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt Scroll saw

I recently purchased a new Dewalt scroll saw which I like very much. The only issue is the hold down clamp or guard hangs up in the work when doing fret work or small parts. Has anyone found the same and figured away around this or has found an after market guard?

Re: Dewalt Scroll saw

I thought the first thing you did to a new saw was remove the guard and throw it away :P
    I really think the guard's only function is to keep the manufacturer from being sued. It certainly serves no practical purpose.

Comment

I too am going to have to agree with the mystery guest. The guard only gets in the way. On any of my saws that was the first thing I got rid of. You should be able to hold the wood down with just the right amount of pressure and still be able to spin it. It takes a little practice but in a day you should be able to do this. You learn that it will be a great help to you.
      John T.

Comment

I agree with the clockman. Not much danger to getting close to a scrollsaw blade. You may do some delicate sawing some time and the guard will be in the way.
        Sparkplug

Comment

Thanks one and all for the quick responses. I'll give it a try and hope my new nick name won't be 'short fingers'.

Scott

Comment

Or your new 'nick' name could be.......'Nick'!! LOL

Comment

the hold-down for my DeWalt is hanging out in my garage from a peg next to other tools, that truely is the best place for it, and knock on wood all my fingers are still in tact!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X