Variable speed scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable speed scrollsaw

Hi my question is I have a Delta40-540 scrollsaw and I was going to get a Delta Variable speed scrollsaw what would be the advantages of having a variable speed scrollsaw?The one I have now when I cut 1/4 in pine using a #2 reverse tooth blade I dont have control of my cuting woulsd a variable speed help me?and also when doing Silhouette paterns?
    any help or advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated

Re: Variable speed scrollsaw

Different speeds for different wood. I use a slower speed to cut out letters. Some as small as 1/4 inches in 1/8- 1/4 thick wood..

Comment

I don't think you can buy a saw that doesn't have some form of speed regulations wheather it's by belts or speed controlers. Anyway by all means get one with speed control. With it you can slow the speed down to gain better control over what you are cutting. As you get more proficient you will increase the speed to speed up cutting time. You would want to slow your speed down when cutting plexiglass because the blade causes heat and the plexiglass has a tendency to melt back together. You would also want to slow speed down if doing very fine fret work, easier to control blade. So I vote for the speed controled saw!!! JTTHECLOCKMAN
      John T.

Comment

You may be able to buy an inexpensive variable speed control or make one from a dimmer switch? Just look at the amperage or amps and try to get a controller that will do the job right. I did and it works ok. That's the inexpensive way out. It would be better to have the scrollsaw with the speed control already built in. Depends on what you can spend. My scrollsaw is single fast speed. I've had the ones with the speed controls and the accessories but they were all sold awhile ago. I'm just going to use this saw for some quick cuts for carving outlines and a few other jobs that are too tedious to do by hand. Good luck.

Comment

If you have a one speed saw consider a device called a Variac--as the name indicates --Variable AC. You can find them in Electronic warehouses. You plug your saw into the Variac and the Variac into 110VAC and you can dial in any speed your little heart desires. :

Comment

I found that the thinner the wood, the slower the speed. The thicker the wood the faster the speed. I have a hegner 18' and can change speeds while cutting if I find I need to.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X