a question on blade movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question on blade movement

I just got my new dewalt and I dont want to goof it up.My old saw had cuts in the table is there any way to prevent this.(besides not using it)
    Thanks,Rob

Re: a question on blade movement

If you are refering to cuts made from the blade than the person was putting way too much sideward preassure on the blade. You will always get some cutting but to minimize try to not put sideward preassure on the blade when cutting. Let the blade do the work and just feed at the right pace to let this happen. Also make sure you have the proper tension on the blade and if in doubt take it up just a bit for it is better to err on the tighter side than not tight enough. Good luck!
    John T.

Comment

JOHN,thanks alot it works you learn something new every day any other helpfull thoughts please send them.
      Rob

Comment

I've had my Dewalt for a few years, and the blade hole looks just like new. One action I suggest for better work is 'sanding' the table surface with some light emery cloth. I put a piece in my palm sander and cleaned up the surface, then put on several coats of paste wax. It's easier to judge how hard you're feeding when you're not fighting the friction of the table. And, you won't have a rust problem if you have high humidity.

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try first thing in the am.
          Rob

Comment

I keep a bottle of carnuba car wax right next to my Dewalt saw, and when things start slowing down, I stop dust the table and then....wax it and I'm on my way again. I also keep a couple of the chip paint brushes in different sizes close at hand to sweep the dust off my project that the blower don't get helps in keeping a better grip on what I'm cutting.

Comment

great idea and it works too.thanks,Rob

Comment

Hi, Robert I agree with all the things that have been said about the blade running , it is a problem with any blade actually. If your pushing your work through too fast, the sawdust build up in the blade and causes it to run. Cut slowly and the blade has a chance to get rid of the sawdust. Something that helps with a band saw, is to use a skip tooth blade. Not sure wheather the scroll saw has one or not???

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X