Convert saw to use plain end blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert saw to use plain end blades

There have been a couple of posts lately from people using saws that only accept plain end blades. While this does limit the ability of some in what they can cut others always find a way around it and still make some outstanding projects, like the horse head by Pitbull. My first saw was a Ryobi 16" single speed that only used pinned blades, but I didn't let it hold me back. Instead I just got creative and did projects that didn't have a lot of small inside cuts.

I understand how frustrating it could be to be held back like this, so I did some research on converting my old Ryobi saw about 5 years ago and found a kit that was sold at Rockler and several places on the internet. While digging through my tool box recently I came across some parts from this kit and a flyer for the company I bought them from, Pozsgai's Designs. The link on the left for retrofit items has some conversion kits that may work for some saws being made today as well as some of the older models. The next link for accessories has a set of what they call 'Standard Blade Holders'. These are cumbersome and difficult to use at first, but, as always, with some practice you could get used to them.

I hope this site is helpful. If I am in violation by posting this link please feel free to delete it with no hard feelings. I am in no way affiliated with this company, nor do I receive any benefits from posting any of this information, other than feeling good about sharing information.
    Jim
    DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Jim, you are absolutly right. It shouldnt hold anyone back if thats all their saw uses is pin blades. There are quite a few patterns the work fine with pin end blades.Intarsia can easily be done using pin end blades, and look how nice intarsia projects look. I drew a wall clock pattern that is coming out in the next issue or two of SSWC that is capable of being cut with pin end blades. Sure, a pinless blade saw is great, but is it mandatory? Definatly NOT! Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I was talking with Chuck Olson the other day, and found out that something like 35% of the blades they sell are still pinned...that's a signifigant number! We're planning on adding a little logo to projects that can be cut with pinned blades.

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Im actually drawing up a spiral friendly design now...well, as soon as I get my Christmas presents cut out.ugh. Dale
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
          That is...
          Today, 08:15 AM
        • Jimern
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by Jimern
          The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
          Today, 06:29 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by will8989
          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market
          by will8989
          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
        • tgiro01
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by tgiro01
          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
        Working...
        X