Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little flower
    replied
    Thanks for the replies. Yes I guess it is just about rethinking the process. I have found a local with a P20 so will go around and have a try when he gets his shed sorted out to allow access to it. I really do like the P20 clamping system.

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Little flower

Also a chart of which machines can both top and bottom feed and their ease of doing so would be good if someone has the knowledge to put this together as a forum reference tool.
    The Dewalt top feeds and it's easier to reinsert the blade without looking ...

Leave a comment:

• Mick Walker
    replied
    Teresa, That is one of the main reasons I bought a P-20, 3 years ago. You have to teach your fingers to see. I took the table insert out so I could see the blade holder. Tried it a few times while looking at what I was doing, then closed my eyes and tried it. Takes a few minutes to get it, but after a while it just becomes second nature. Just make sure that your bottom clamp is straight up and down when you close it. I had an older Delta that I could not top feed with and like the P-20 much better. The old one I needed a special tool to unfasten the blade, there wasn't room to get your hand in there. Would never go back to a bottom feeder.

Leave a comment:

• bronco
    replied
    Teresa, I find it very easy to top feed with the P-20, in fact the only time I bottom feed is when using spirals(darn those things). If you like the quick clamps you will find it very easy on the P-20.I have had mine about a year and love it.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Green Frog
    replied
    p20 here

I have done the top feed it is little harder to place blade in clamp but I perfer the bottom feed method Have had the P 20 for just a year and love it Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Little flower
    started a topic Top feed with DeltaP20?

Top feed with DeltaP20?

I seem to remember reading somewhere you can top feed with the the delta p20. Is this right? Sometimes I think it would be really good to have a machine that top feeds when cutting small areas of fretwork on larger patterns. I find it quite dificult threading with a limited amount of rooom between the tabletop and blade clamp on my current delta. If so how is the ease of reconnecting the bottom clamp?

Also a chart of which machines can both top and bottom feed and their ease of doing so would be good if someone has the knowledge to put this together as a forum reference tool.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X