Tenon Cutters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenon Cutters

I was curious if anyone in the fourm owns or has used a tenon cutter for making log furniture. I have seen some tenon attachments that go on 1/2 and 3/4 drills, common sense tells me that those things could rip your arms off at the sockets but I am interested in a easy and quicker method for cutting tenons and I' m not sure if this is the answer.

I have looked throughout the net and have seen no reviews other than the hype manufacturers place on their products, anyone input from real people would be appreciated.
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Tenon cutters I have seen were used with a traditional woodworker's bit and brace. I don't know about using with a power drill.

A Traditional woodworking forum where I am sure you can get an answer to your question can be found at the Fine WoodWorking magazine site, I think the linkage on Taunton Press' home page is called the "Knot discussion" under the woodworking column. try this link: http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...unityHome.aspx
    or
    http://forums.taunton.com/fw-knots/messages

I do recommend you bring your "thick skin" if you post there. Woodworking forums are not alway as polite as this site.

Phil

Comment

I appreciate the info and the heads up on the tone of that link. I suppose it makes one appreciate the level of civility we practice here.
      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

GB Phil is right......Interesting place "over there"...... SawmillCreekdotorg is a much more civil place.

I would think that a drill mounted tenon cutter would work just fine on spruce/pine or other soft woods....especially if it is kept sharp.
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Steve, here's an alternative from Rockler tools. It's table mounted and doesn't use a drill.
          Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
          Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Another excellent link, thanks Mike.

I beleive I had seen or read about that when I was still overseas and my only concern is the limited diameter which that can accept. Although I have been wanting projects for my new router table....I really hate decisions, especially when they are expensive.
            Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X