gmc scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmc scrollsaw

I was at Lowe's today looking through the tool section while my wife was looking at ceiling fans, lights and stuff. They had a GMC scrollsaw for $99, 16 inch, variable speed, dust blower, light, and also a laser marker for sawing straight lines. And what amazed me was the ease of changing the blade, lift the cam lock and remove the blade, that was it!

I've got a Jet I paid close to 3 times that much for and hate it, changing blades is a nightmare! As I don't do alot of scrolling and never will do alot, I think that I'm going to ask Santa to get that for me for Christmas!

Here's a link to the saw http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...3-38307-SS16UL and if the link doesn't work, this is the saw information:
    GMC 16' Variable Speed Scroll Saw with Redeye® Laser
    Item #: 10573
    Model: SS16UL

Re: gmc scrollsaw

mate get em to run it for you. My brother bought one,unpacked it,bolted it down, started it then repacked it and returned it. The laser was a blurred line about 1' wide
    Its very light and vibrates bad enough to walk the bench its bolted to across the room......but then the US market might get the better machine than we do ...but I dont think so
    Pete
    I am a nobody and no body is perfect...........therefore I am perfect

Comment

If you are any kind of serious about scrolling then don't buy that saw. Save your money for a good saw and step up not down. A laser on a scroll saw come on. that is like putting a laser on a bandsaw. You are paying for gizmos and gadgets. Like the other poster said I bet this thing vibrates right off a table. How good is the motor. Are the pivot points greasless sealed bearings. How flat is the table top. you say the top blade holder is easy how about the bottom one. For $99 how much saw can you possibly get. Buyer beware!!!!!
      John T.

Comment

Randy - My husband has a saying, when you buy a tool buy the most expensive you can afford and only plan on buying it once. I saved until I had enough for a Hegner. The winter wood shows are coming up and you can get some great deals at them from delta, to hawk, to hegner, and all the rest. At these shows you get the saw, stand, light, blower, extra blades and lots of other stuff (like that technical term?) You also have the opportunity to try them out and see which one you like the best. Like they say you only get what you pay for. Save and shop around. Have your wife give you the $99 for Christmas and put it toward a GOOD saw.

Comment

I was back at Lowe's this evening and took another look at the saw. I had the guy plug it in lol the vibration was so bad it almost fell off the bench! Still a good looking saw though :-/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X