Blade adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade adapter

I found a site that sells various scroll saw stuff and found an adapter to modify my old Jet to a 'quick blade change' saw. $18.95 didn't sound to bad so I ordered it. IT's a good old saw, just a pain to change the blades. I'll let ya's know if it's any good or not.

http://pozsgaidesigns.com/

Re: Blade adapter

Randy,
    I don't think the link works...

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Try it again Bob. It took me right there. In fact, they even have a scroll sawing in metal book I might order!!
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Worked for me. Looks like they might have and adapter for my old Sears saw. If they have some type of blade quick release adapter may have to spring for it. Sears designs don't always work the best. :P

Comment

The second time I tried, it worked. It must have been the wood spirit!

Bob
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I got the adapter today and put it on, very easy only a couple minutes. Just had to remove to old head and put the new one on.

It's a pretty simple design and would be easy to make if you already had machines to do a little metal work, if not the $18.95 was a good price. You still use the original lower blade mount but the new setup clamps the blade between 2 steel blocks and tightens with a wingnut. With my Jet, the upper and lower blade mounts are the same, the lower is held in place with a heavy spring clip. So I can use the old upper mount with a blade mounted as a quick replacement.

I'm satisfied with the purchase and find it cheaper then buying a new saw because it hard to disconnect the blade for doing inside cuts! Yep, my 16 year old Jet has just been reborn

If anyone is interested in pictures and measurements so they can make their own, let me know and I'll try to get it done before the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by randy48 View Post
              I got the adapter today and put it on, very easy only a couple minutes. Just had to remove to old head and put the new one on.

It's a pretty simple design and would be easy to make if you already had machines to do a little metal work, if not the $18.95 was a good price. You still use the original lower blade mount but the new setup clamps the blade between 2 steel blocks and tightens with a wingnut. With my Jet, the upper and lower blade mounts are the same, the lower is held in place with a heavy spring clip. So I can use the old upper mount with a blade mounted as a quick replacement.

I'm satisfied with the purchase and find it cheaper then buying a new saw because it hard to disconnect the blade for doing inside cuts! Yep, my 16 year old Jet has just been reborn

If anyone is interested in pictures and measurements so they can make their own, let me know and I'll try to get it done before the weekend.
              Hello !
              I am new here, but scrolling from long time. I have a new scroll saw and I need that type of blade adapter you are talking about .
              Can I get some pictures from you ? Or, is it possible to buy this stuff online ? I have to mention I am in Romania right now !
              Thank you for your time !

Comment

Do you realize this post is 8 years old! I don't think the original poster is even a member on here anymore.

Comment

Yes it is an old thread, but Pozsgai's Designs is still in business and may be able to help you.

Pozsgai's Designs - Scroll Saw
                  Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                    Reply to Communion cross
                    by cwmagee
                    That is beautiful.

I am chaffing at the bit to get back to the scroll saw, Unfortunately the urban renewal project "Redoing the deck" has taken over all of my time.
                    Yesterday, 09:25 PM
                  • daveswoodworking
                    Comment on 2020 Ornament Exchange
                    by daveswoodworking
                    Yes I’ll send you the list of names and address to sent to after after the dead line
                    Thank you for join the exchange
                    Yesterday, 09:24 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Communion cross
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Excellent contrast not only in wood choices (LOVE the bocote), but also 90 degree corners on the bocote and radius corners on the maple. Very nice!
                    Yesterday, 08:46 PM
                  • vgraf
                    Reply to 2020 Ornament Exchange
                    by vgraf
                    I signed up four four, Will you be sending the list of where to send my ornaments?
                    Yesterday, 08:19 PM
                  • Trackman
                    Reply to Winter issue
                    by Trackman
                    Got mine in East Central Indiana. Carole has a nice bowl idea an couple of tool reviews
                    Yesterday, 07:44 PM
                  Working...
                  X