DeWalt 788

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt 788

Well a neighbor came over yesterday and was talking about wanting a DeWalt 788, I told him about toolking and their prices, so after he left, I looked it up for him and they had a sale price on, so I decided to buy one for myself LOL...thats ok, been wanting one for a long time and have heard nothing but good about DeWalt! Anybody want to buy a dremel? LOL :

Re: DeWalt 788

Well I got the DeWalt yesterday afternoon, will put it together this morning.....neighbor got his too! Going to be lots of 'cutting up' in this neighborhood! LOL

Comment

Hi David,

How about some good blade to cut with.
      Check my web site at: www.mikesworkshop.com.
      If you need any information about them, just post a question on this forum: http://justwoodworking.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=15

Mike M

Comment

thanks, I am also on justwoodworking...but yes will need some good pinless blades, have a few right now.

Comment

Dave, good luck on the Dewalt. I've had mine for a while and get a lot of use out of it.

Comment

Maybe now I can do just justice to the'Navy' emblem

Comment

Go Army::: Sorry my nephew is at West Point

I have had the Dewalt for about 3 years, paid 399 for it and think its worth every penny. The only problem I've had is the switch ( 5 dollar part) went out in the middle of 35 x-mas ornaments. Jumped online and ordered one, next day I got an email back that said back ordered ( SIX MONTHS ) no S--- I called and raised heck told them I have 7 dewalt tools in my shop and if it takes that long I would never buy #8. It came in 10 days latter. I still would buy it again.
              Mick

Comment

Just bought a Dewalt 788 from Toolking for 419 which included the stand and the light for it. Free shipping. I bought a Delta 16' a while back and now I wish I had known then what I know now!

Comment

Ordered the saw from Toolking on Sunday and it was delivered to me on Thursday, impressive. This is a quantum leap over the scroll saw I had, a Delta 16' shopmaster. I never could have cut the designs out that I have in the lsat few days. I paid $419 for the saw, stand and the light, a very good deal. There was no set up to speak of, just placed the heavy duty cast iron top on, plugged it in and started sawing. The tension control is a no brainer allowing you set it the same every time. I would definitely buy this saw again if I had to and Toolking is a good dealer to buy from. A definite thumbs up!

Comment

I set my saw up with the forward tilt...love it! Talk about a back saver...you aren't all hunched over trying to see your work

Comment

Did you get the arm holder/raiser attachment? It's not a Dewalt item, but Woodcraft had it and threw it in when I bough my saw. It holds the arm up when you're changing blades. Really useful!

Comment

I did get the arm support...19.00 but I think it was from the company that makes them? Can't remember the name of the outfit..but it is a big help!

Comment

Hi Ho Silver,
                          You mean this company I think:
                          http://www.jimdandy.com/coollinks.html

Mike M
                          SD Mike

Comment

That's the one ....thanks

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. Worth the $19. I also got the sanding strips for my scroll saw, shown on the same web-site. They are really slick for cleaning saw cut edges on my acanthus carvings.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X