New (to me) RBI Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (to me) RBI Hawk

I won an eBay auction, clickity clickity, for a RBI Hawk 216 VS. It's about 10 years old but it only suppose to have a couple hours of saw time and it looks like it. This will go into my shop in ND, so I won't get to play with it until May.
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

I also won an RBI Hawk on ebay. Mine is a 220 VS and the manufacture date is June 1991. It was brand new still in the original box and has never been used. I don't know where it has been for the last 15 years. I got it last Wednesday and it works great. I can't wait to make more projects with it. It's too bad you have to wait until may to use yours. I'm sure you will be very pleased on how well it works.
    Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
    and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

300 dollars plus shipping sighhhhhhhhhh nice scarf Bobshe looks like a beaut
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Looks mint! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by utbva
          I also won an RBI Hawk on ebay. Mine is a 220 VS and the manufacture date is June 1991.
          I saw that one too. It was just a little more than I wanted to spend.
          MinotBob
          Makita MSJ-401
          Universal Tools:
          Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Bob, I think you will be thrilled with the Hawk, I wish I'd bought my G4 at such a price. None the less, welcome to the club and congrats.
            Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Where are you guys finding the manufacture date on your Hawks ? All I could find was the serial number. Thanks..Larry
              Larry

Dewalt 788 Owner "I love wood , with or without Mandolin strings"

Comment

Good find; good buy. I wish I could get that lucky. (altho, I do like my DeWalt).

-Bill
                -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Manufacture date

Originally posted by snkysnake
                  Where are you guys finding the manufacture date on your Hawks ? All I could find was the serial number. Thanks..Larry
                  The one I have was still in the original packing box and had papers in it that showed the manufacture date. It was not on the machine itself. It also had four of the old RBI magazines in with it and several dozen different sizes of blades as well as 6 extra bottom blade holders. So I did get some extras with my saw. The only extra thing I needed to buy was the jointed blower tube.
                  Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
                  and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply to my question. I just talked to the factory, and they can only pin it down to 1985 to 1988 . Maybe I won the oldie but goodie award ! I was glad to hear that parts are still available, so I ordered new upper and lower blade holders and a pair of new drive belts. The saw is working fine, but it had the old style blade holders that needed tools for the blade chage , (tools missing), only one of the drive belts (takes two to change speeds) and no owners manual. I downloaded the PDF manual last nite and now I'm ready for a tune up once the parts arrive. I'm really looking forward to scrolling, it's gonna be great to pass the time being creative.
                    Larry

Dewalt 788 Owner "I love wood , with or without Mandolin strings"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X