Rigid SS part needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid SS part needed

Does anyone know where a person can get parts for a Rigid SS.. its model 1650
    Since Rigid doesnt make them they do not make any replacement parts so their sight says

What I am needing is the upper blade holder. It will take either kind of blade.
    mine still works but will sometimes allow non pinned ended blades to slip free.

Or does anyone know if another saw part will interchange.?

dale

I know any other brand would probably be a better saw then what I have but got it worth the money and so that is what I use.

Hi Dale and good morning, not knowing what your blade holders look like you might try this site to see if they have one that might fit as a replacement
    http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0006.htm HTH
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Dale, as far as slippage is concerned, using sandpaper or a file, rough up the end of the blade before installing it. Also, remove the thumbscrew and bolt from the holder and take a file lightly to the ends of these. Chance are, you do not need a new blade holder, just a little maintenance. Most blades come with a light oil residue on them which makes them a bit slippery. That oil will also be transferred to the holders. Some scrollers will clean the end of their blades with mineral spirits to remove the oil.

Good luck and let us know if this helps.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I agree with what minnesota says about the oil. Or you can make a tiny bend in the ends of the blades before inserting them, that helps.
        It's hard to believe it's that difficult to get parts from ridgid, They have the best warranty in the business.
        Jeff Powell

Comment

Originally posted by workin for wood
          It's hard to believe it's that difficult to get parts from ridgid, They have the best warranty in the business.
          A dead horse has been officially beaten to powder.
          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Rivari
            A dead horse has been officially beaten to powder.
            I am so sorry, I couldnt stop myself, and I am still rolling on the floor laughing!!!
            Jeff Powell

Comment

I know you couldn't Jeff, nor could I, you crack me up.
              Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

After visiting several Ridgid dealers I was given numbers to call.. and then other numbers to call then another number to call.. to which i was given a last number to call.. to find out... Ridgid doesn not have parts for their scroll saws.

Oh well maybe i might get another brand.. and just use this one when i use a pin ended blade.

dale

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                  Reply to Old,,,,but new here
                  by Rolf
                  Welcome! As the others have said, lots of support and knowledge here ready to be shared.
                  Is the 6 x10 your workspace or your entire apartment. ?
                  Today, 09:34 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Log slice ornaments
                  by Rolf
                  Most of the cut outs were done with the scroll saw.
                  Karl I have a couple of power carvers. The classic Dremel with a flex shaft I then bought a Ram Power carver, they both use 1/8 shank bits. I have a bunch of carbide cutters from when our Printed circuit board facility at work was dismantled....
                  Today, 09:29 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                  by NC Scroller
                  To all.... My ornaments for the 2020 exchange were all mailed yesterday, Monday November 23rd.
                  Today, 08:23 AM
                • Christophe
                  Reply to Schwibbogen, Light Arch or whatever it is called !
                  by Christophe
                  Thanks for the comments . Intend to make a bigger one, but fear not to be ready for Christmas ! Anyway, I'll be ready fir Christmas 2021 !
                  Today, 07:19 AM
                • hotshot
                  Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                  by hotshot
                  I totally missed this, but what a great tool and I'm very excited for you. I was thinking it would great for puzzle boxes where the scroll saw boxes are limited to about 2 inches, this would take them on up to another level.

The blade cost would be a concern if they dulled quickly, so...
                  Today, 07:07 AM
                Working...
                X