Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workin for wood
    replied
    that's an awesome platter. What a great way to combine scrolling and turning. Now I wish I had a lathe. If I saw that at a craft show, I'd buy it.

Leave a comment:

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Hi Ken;
    You will find your scroll saw handy for all kinds of things within your turning. Putting scrolled patterns within platters and all kinds of neat things.
    If you are still at the pen making stage you might want to try a pen similar to the one I made shown below.
    I will eventually get around to making one with a heart and club and spade as well , or maybe you will even beat me to it.
    The diamond there is not a surface inlay. It goes all the way through from one side to the other.
    W.Y.

I just sold this platter with a scrollsawed design in it for $89.00 at a craft sale last week. Here again the design is all the way through from top to bottom... It was my first platter using a scrolled picture within it and was just a practice piece.

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    I don't know that particular machine, but most of the RBI machines are good quality. Just not the G4 that I own. Personally I think that variable speed is pretty important and I'm sure your machine can be altered to do so. It is good that you didn't buy the cheapest machine on the market, because then you would be turned off by scrolling.

Leave a comment:

• kcleere
    started a topic New Member with Questions...

New Member with Questions...

Greetings,

This is my first post here. I am and have been a woodturner for about a year and for the most part have made pens. I am ready to expand my penmaking through the use of inlays and so on. I have purchased an RBI 216-3 at what I feel was a very good price but I know nothing about the machine itself. My question is, did I purchase a good starter machine? I realize it isn't variable speed and doesn't have quick change blades but I'm a beginner scroller....

Andy information you can give me on this saw would be great.

Ken

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
    Reply to Need advice...
    by Jim McDonald
    Thanks Carole!
    Today, 10:19 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
    by will8989
    SLRA does a “spot” check. He’s lucky I’m keeping him around. It was free with a purchase at harbor freight. When people pick up a basket to examine, usually first time customers, they inspect everything for glue ups, drill holes, etc. of course, I don’t think half of them know what they are...
    Today, 09:08 AM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    Interesting, I will nee to try that.
    Today, 08:01 AM
  • handibunny
    by handibunny
    Back in my days of collecting antique pottery, I used to carry a a small blacklight unit to check for repairs that were invisible to the naked eye. I never knew that it could detect glue spots. That's a lot neater than using mineral spirits, or waiting until a sealer coat of shellac reveals missed...
    Today, 06:22 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to My lucky day!
    by will8989
    Being a diet controlled type 2 diabetic, I check my glucose. Checked before my shot on Tuesday it was fine. Checked on Wednesday after a morning walk expecting to see less than 100 and about fainted when it read 158. Every check has been 150 or more since then. Started reading and yes, the shots can...
    Yesterday, 10:37 PM
Working...
X