Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Congratulations on your new saw. Nice to hear that there are some good type 2 ones . You will know if it is a refurbished one or not by checking the serial number. If it has a *R* stamped in at the end of the serial number it is refurbished.
    If not, then it sounds like you are one of the lucky ones with a type 2 with no problems right out of the box. .
    Seems like kind of like a Russian roulette situation getting a good one since they moved their operation from Canada to overseas.
    Hope you get many years of enjoyment with it.
    W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    yeah Mike I would have to agree with you on the specs as I noticed quite a bit of extra blade too and man its a smooth running sucker to and so quiet now for my next purchase I'll need a stand

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Daryl, glad to hear you have a satisfactory one. I have this strange feeling that even though it says type 2, it was probably refurbished to the specs of the type 1. Makes sense to me. I was at a local home store the other day and noticed they finally have a Dewalt. Of course it's a type 2. I looked at the blade holders and noticed that the blade is barely in the top clamp and it barely reaches the bottom clamp. I forsee problems with this saw. On my Dewalt, I have at least an extra 1/4" on each end, after it's clamped in. I've actually snapped a blade next to the bottom clamp, and after readjusting in the top clamp I still had enough to catch in the bottom clamp.

Enjoy your new toy.

Leave a comment:

• Woodbutcher68
    replied
    Congrats on the new toy!
    Get out there and try to wear it out!

Leave a comment:

• popsshop
    replied
    Daryl

Christmas came early - congrats - know you'll love it

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    started a topic its arrived

its arrived

well my first post got lost in the update so here it is again
    my dewalt has arrived it took me all of 20 min to unbox it and assemble it, its a type 2 so I tried it out for about an hour with no bad effects blade clamps are fine, I really tried to break a blade tried over tensioning it but the clamps held, table is nice and straight, I was a bit wooried about the bevel as the table looks like its crooked to one side so I followed a tip by Jeff and cut out several small kerfs but they all came out nice and straight, so I am now a proud and happy owner of a dewalt 788 scroll saw oh and wow that suckers huge

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X