• Daryl185
    replied
    its here yes yes yes

its here yes yes yippeeee will give full report soon as I get home

Leave a comment:

• beemerbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Indiana saw man
    let me know how it works out . iam using a hegner right now 14in going to get a bigger one but cant afford a new 18in hegner right now so i am thinking very strong a bout a dewalt
    Take a look at what folks are saying about the Delta P20.

http://www.scrollsaws.com/SawReviews/P20.html

I have a Delta P20 and the top feeding and clamps ease of use are excellent.

I have had the DeWalt and didn't like it. It's construction and power don't come close to those features on the Delta. Tried a couple of RBI Hawk saws and had to send them both back. Vibration was terrible. The Hegner is a great saw - I have the 18VS - if you want to bottom feed.

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    well Bear my office has kindly given all the workers a nice 5 day weekend closing down Wed-Friday so you figure out where I'll be heeheheheh, my next action is to order new wood from slaon's and blades from FD

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    EXCELLENT NEWS Daryl! I guess we know what your plans are Monday night?????? And do I see a "cold" coming for Tuesday?????

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
    Barry, you can mount the blower thingy so it comes out from the right side of the arm I am pretty sure. And the thumbscrew could be swapped to the other side as well. Dale
    Hope you are right Dale.......Gee, if my saw WASN"T STILL IN THE SHOP, I'd run right out and look

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    wont arrive till late monday, according to UPS it has arrived in Jacksonville FL though

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Barry, you can mount the blower thingy so it comes out from the right side of the arm I am pretty sure. And the thumbscrew could be swapped to the other side as well. Dale

Leave a comment:

• Indiana saw man
    replied
    dewalt

Daryl did u get your new saw yet and if so hows it working out im thinking about getting one my self . and did you get type 1 or type 2 ?

Indiana saw man

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Great news Daryl185! I hope you get a good one

Not to disagree with MNScroller, but I've found the EZ lift beneficial to both top and bottom feeding. I personally like the controlled lowering with one hand while top feeding........ I simply grab the blade and thread it down with one hand and use the other to move the piece....if needed..... just my technique, we all have our own...... I still bottom feed most of the time....out of habit and being left handed......dang blower gets in the way........

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    ok Mike thats great info thats one of the main functions I looked at when buying the saw was top feeding

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Daryl, I hope it's a dandy. If everything checks out properly, make a serious attempt at top feeding. Bill mentioned to me that he always top feeds with his Dewalt. When I received my used Dewalt off Ebay a couple weeks ago I decided to give the top feed a try. I found it to be a real pain in the butt. So I went back to bottom feeding using a small length of 2 X 4 to hold the arm up. With tiny holes, that is a pain in the butt also. So, I decided to give the top feed a try again. Guess what? I like it. It just takes a bit of practice and a bunch of patience. Just like everything else, there is a learning curve. I'm glad I stuck with it. Now I can thread it thru the exact hole that I want instead of a hole next to it that I don't want to do yet. Just don't give up. The challenge is learning to line the drilled hole up with the small slot in the table. The easy lift will be a waste of money if you can learn to do it from the top. Give this a serious try first.

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    thats also what I am hoping Dale, I too ordered mine from Amazon.com, Tool King I think and it comes with a 1 yr guarantee from DeWalt also so thats a bonus in my court

Leave a comment:

• Iamdusty
    replied
    Congratulations Daryl
    Just FYI, I have a DeWalt Type 1 which I love. I had need for a second saw in a different location and decided to buy (from Amazon) another DeWalt which of course is a Type 2. I was a bit nervous about the clamp and table issues which some of the Type 2's have had. As soon as the new one arrived, I quickly checked for table flatness and blade clamp function and I find no problem at all with this Type 2. I hope yours checks out equally well.
    Dale M.

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    Congrats!

Congrats , Daryl, You will love the saw. Now all you need is the stand, the light, and the EZ lift. I'm not kidding I have the extras and it makes it so nice. If,
    God forbids, any thing goes wrong the repair shop in Tampa on Waters is top notch.

Good luck. I sorry the trip to Miss. didn't work out for you.

Later,

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    DO NOT carve the turkey with it!

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    ah and whats even better is a nice 4 day weekend to fiddle with it heheehe saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeet any takers on when I post my first piece with it?

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X