well I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I did it

well I ordered my first Dewalt scroll saw from amazon.com today and it should be here by friday I hope cause I am excited, I am getting ready to take Jeff Z's advanced scroll saw course which I am also excited about
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Woo Hoo ....good choice ! ...congrats !
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Congrats! Your gonna love it! Order blades now, once you start sawing, you wont want to stop to order.
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

let me know how it works out . iam using a hegner right now 14in going to get a bigger one but cant afford a new 18in hegner right now so i am thinking very strong a bout a dewalt
        Hegner

Comment

Congradulations Daryl!!!
          Bill
          Delta P-20

Comment

Congrats on the saw, as soon as you get some of the bugs ironed out and get to sawing you'll love it. I know my wife loves hers.

Carl

Comment

on its way

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/20/2006.

Tracking Number: 1Z 21A 8E3 03 4837 116 4
              Type: Package
              Scheduled Delivery: 11/20/2006
              Shipped to: BRADENTON, FL, US
              Shipped or Billed on: 11/14/2006
              Service Type: GROUND
              Weight: 64.00 Lbs

Comment

Congrats Daryl. Few things feel as good as getting a shiny new tool (and the older you get the fewer things that do )
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

ah and whats even better is a nice 4 day weekend to fiddle with it heheehe saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeet any takers on when I post my first piece with it?

Comment

DO NOT carve the turkey with it!
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Congrats!

Congrats , Daryl, You will love the saw. Now all you need is the stand, the light, and the EZ lift. I'm not kidding I have the extras and it makes it so nice. If,
                      God forbids, any thing goes wrong the repair shop in Tampa on Waters is top notch.

Good luck. I sorry the trip to Miss. didn't work out for you.

Later,

-Bill
                      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Congratulations Daryl
                        Just FYI, I have a DeWalt Type 1 which I love. I had need for a second saw in a different location and decided to buy (from Amazon) another DeWalt which of course is a Type 2. I was a bit nervous about the clamp and table issues which some of the Type 2's have had. As soon as the new one arrived, I quickly checked for table flatness and blade clamp function and I find no problem at all with this Type 2. I hope yours checks out equally well.
                        Dale M.

Comment

thats also what I am hoping Dale, I too ordered mine from Amazon.com, Tool King I think and it comes with a 1 yr guarantee from DeWalt also so thats a bonus in my court

Comment

Daryl, I hope it's a dandy. If everything checks out properly, make a serious attempt at top feeding. Bill mentioned to me that he always top feeds with his Dewalt. When I received my used Dewalt off Ebay a couple weeks ago I decided to give the top feed a try. I found it to be a real pain in the butt. So I went back to bottom feeding using a small length of 2 X 4 to hold the arm up. With tiny holes, that is a pain in the butt also. So, I decided to give the top feed a try again. Guess what? I like it. It just takes a bit of practice and a bunch of patience. Just like everything else, there is a learning curve. I'm glad I stuck with it. Now I can thread it thru the exact hole that I want instead of a hole next to it that I don't want to do yet. Just don't give up. The challenge is learning to line the drilled hole up with the small slot in the table. The easy lift will be a waste of money if you can learn to do it from the top. Give this a serious try first.
                            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

ok Mike thats great info thats one of the main functions I looked at when buying the saw was top feeding

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X