Re Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Saw

Has any have any information on resaw kit for a ban saw ? I have lots of ruffsaw lumber walnut,ash,cherry,white and red oak and im haveing to plane it down for my fret wood and iam wasting a lot of wood.
    Hegner

Not sure what you're asking. I do a lot of resawing, I use an auxiliary fence and a 3 or 4 T.P.I. Timberwolf blade for all of my resaw work. I also installed the 6" riser block on my saw which allows me to resaw up to 12" wide boards. A pic of my bandsaw and aux. fence is attached.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Kevin -- you have a cool shop set up-- the most awsome sight in the world is a shop loaded with sawdust
      Sharon

Comment

readsaw

Originally posted by Jediscroller
        Not sure what you're asking. I do a lot of resawing, I use an auxiliary fence and a 3 or 4 T.P.I. Timberwolf blade for all of my resaw work. I also installed the 6" riser block on my saw which allows me to resaw up to 12" wide boards. A pic of my bandsaw and aux. fence is attached.

Did you make that rip fence or was it bought . I was told i could buy a kit i have a craftmans 12 in ban saw
        Hegner

Comment

I use a fence and a 2X6. Set your log on a flat surface..like the floor is fine. Set the 2x6 beside it and be sure it's at least as long as the log...I'm assuming your re-sawing a managable log that you can lift. Drive a few screws threw the 2x6 into the log..but only about an 1 1/2 into the log. The 2x6 becomes the straight edge for the log so you have a flat edge to run against your band saw fence. You remove from the opposite end of the log, then you flip the log so that the flat edge is down. You move the 2x6 to the side and do it all over again so that you now have two flat sides. Now you can just use your band saw fence to continue flat slicing your log. Logs cut easiest when still fresh, and do not force into the blade...go slow. I have rollers that I place on the outfeed side of the bandsaw to take up any slack. Cut your boards slightly over an inch thick then stack and sticker with weights on top for a good year to be safe.
          Some small logs should only be cut when dry, such as apple, or holly. unless you have a kiln of course. otherwise, these woods split and twist like crazy. A 4 inch diameter apple log will dry nicely in about 5 years on the shelf..be sure the ends are painted and the bark stays on...this allows moisture to escape very slowly..reducing wood damage. Also be sure and spray logs that are drying with insecticides every 6 months or so, just in case a borer type bug comes along.
          Jeff Powell

Comment

resaw

all i have is 2in t0 3in lumber all ready been air died i have it stick for about 3 yrs. now . i just need to set up a re saw on my band saw . do i need to buy a re saw for lumber or can i make one
            Hegner

Comment

It'll be tough to resaw on the 12" bandsaw (tough, but not impossible). You didn't say how wide your lumber is. I made the fence for my saw to answer your question.
              I'm not aware of a resaw "kit." You'll need a fence and the largest blade you can fit on your saw. The wider the blade and fewer the teeth the better.
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

oh yea..you can buy a resaw fence, rockler makes one.
                Jeff Powell

Comment

re saw

most of my wood is 18in to 24 in wide i know i will have to cut to size , all of my wood i got from the venner mill i worked it is left over after the log has been sliced . A nother good thing all this wood has been cooked and most all of the sap is out and some of the fiber has been broken down. it helps the wood dired out faster

thank you the indiana sawman
                  Hegner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                    Reply to New tools
                    by jim_mex
                    Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                  • Hobbyhorse
                    Reply to New tools
                    by Hobbyhorse
                    Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                    Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                  • Hobbyhorse
                    Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                    by Hobbyhorse
                    Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                  • KarlB
                    Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                    by KarlB
                    Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                    Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                  • KarlB
                    Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                    by KarlB
                    Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                    Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                  Working...
                  X