Dremel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel problem

I was using my Dremel 1680 today and wasn't using my foot switch because it's hooked up to my Dewalt. I pushed the on button and nothing. It was plugged in tight and the strip was working. I tried to turn it on and off a couple more times and finally I heard a slight hum coming from somewhere inside the saw. I toggled the switch a couple more times and then it started up. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

I'm no expert here Mike, but it sounds like your Dremel locked up.
    This is how my Dremel acted when it gave up. According to the owners manual you are supposed to oil the bearings in it every 50 hours of use.
    You will have to lay the saw on its side and remove the bearing caps and put a few drops of machine oil in the ports and let it set for about 12 hours and then flip it over and preform the same thing on the other side. Then cross your fingers that when you plug it in it will take off. Sadly this didn't work for me, but I did get a new DeWalt!
    Good luck!

Here is the thread I started when mine acted up.http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Actually Bill, I have been doing this every other month. However, it is working again. It has been about 2 months since I have oiled it so I will do it again tonite and tomorrow. Also, it's still under warranty. I just hope I don't have to provide proof of purchase if I send it in. Don't have one.

Thanks
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
        Who has Been Vaccinated ?
        by Quartz43
        My wife and I got vaccinated this morning. I had worried that there would be long lines. But, the state of Indiana seems to have gotten it right. We went online 10 days ago and scheduled an bbc.co appointment. We got there as nd no line and went thru the check in, got our shots, waited 15 minutes...
        Today, 12:08 PM
      • theframer
        Reply to More toys
        by theframer
        Looking great Jim. Can't imagine and little guy I know who would not want these. I may BORROW your idea for my three nephews.

Thanks for sharing.

​​​​​​​Rick
        Today, 11:58 AM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to More toys
        by Sandy Oaks
        Those are way cute, Jim.
        Today, 11:53 AM
      • Jim Finn
        More toys
        by Jim Finn
        This is what I have been working on this week. Using lathe and scroll saw. about 7" long tanker. I have made 20 of each so far
        . ...
        Today, 11:03 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
        by Rolf
        That's weird, on my Volume disk 5, in the index I have Aticle index, Issue PDF's, and pattern pullouts.
        The pattern pullouts are broken up into 8-1/2 x 11 s

At he end of each issue is a copy of the entire pullout for that issue....
        Today, 09:39 AM
      Working...
      X