Dremel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel problem

I was using my Dremel 1680 today and wasn't using my foot switch because it's hooked up to my Dewalt. I pushed the on button and nothing. It was plugged in tight and the strip was working. I tried to turn it on and off a couple more times and finally I heard a slight hum coming from somewhere inside the saw. I toggled the switch a couple more times and then it started up. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

I'm no expert here Mike, but it sounds like your Dremel locked up.
    This is how my Dremel acted when it gave up. According to the owners manual you are supposed to oil the bearings in it every 50 hours of use.
    You will have to lay the saw on its side and remove the bearing caps and put a few drops of machine oil in the ports and let it set for about 12 hours and then flip it over and preform the same thing on the other side. Then cross your fingers that when you plug it in it will take off. Sadly this didn't work for me, but I did get a new DeWalt!
    Good luck!

Here is the thread I started when mine acted up.http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Actually Bill, I have been doing this every other month. However, it is working again. It has been about 2 months since I have oiled it so I will do it again tonite and tomorrow. Also, it's still under warranty. I just hope I don't have to provide proof of purchase if I send it in. Don't have one.

Thanks
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
        Reply to New tools
        by jim_mex
        Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
        Yesterday, 11:14 PM
      • Hobbyhorse
        Reply to New tools
        by Hobbyhorse
        Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
        Yesterday, 11:03 PM
      • Hobbyhorse
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by Hobbyhorse
        Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
        Yesterday, 10:58 PM
      • KarlB
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by KarlB
        Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
        Yesterday, 09:41 PM
      • KarlB
        Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
        by KarlB
        Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
        Yesterday, 09:31 PM
      Working...
      X