DeWalt 788 Lower Blade Chuck and Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt 788 Lower Blade Chuck and Knob

Okay. The lower knob will no longer tighten on the blade through the lower blade chuck. Seems stripped.
    Anyone ever experience this problem?
    If so, what is my next step to have it replaced or fixed?
    I took it apart and looked at it and found the picture of my saw at the DeWalt site.
    I only have the saw since Feb.2006 and is under factory warranty yet.
    Thanks for any background and direction.
    Joe

I would call them.

Bob
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Definitely call them. Other than that, check to make sure there is nothing on the end of the screw that actually tightens against the blade, causing slippage. But call them, most likely they will send you a new piece. Or, they will tell you to take it to the nearest DeWalt/Black and Decker service center. I had trouble with vibration when I first got my saw, and they replaced it.
      Mark Abbett
      DW788

Comment

I am not familiar with the Dewalt, but I had some problems with my RBI clamps and drilled out the threaded holes and installed heli coils.
        No more problems.! My clamp bodies are pot metal or aluminum not sure.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
          by will8989
          I do all my puzzles in 3/4” wood, mostly poplar but some cherry or walnut....
          Yesterday, 10:57 PM
        • millwab
          by millwab
          Understandable for your baskets Betty, but in my experience 1/4” solid wood for puzzles tends to not hold up very well. Especially the small locks....
          Yesterday, 08:57 AM
        • will8989
          Planer do
          by will8989
          Should read planer Died yesterday. But Bruce got out his instruction book and google and got it apart. Needs new belt, plastic cover and pulley gear. Ordered from eBay and should have by Monday. Of course all work on dough boards stopped. $55 is much cheaper than a new planer. Oh well, on to the next...
          Yesterday, 08:48 AM
        • will8989
          by will8989
          My customers won’t buy anything cut from plywood. I’ve spoiled them. I use poplar for all my kid puzzles. With Bruce volunteering at the County Park antique sawmill, I have an endless supply of poplar. My current batch is green and white striped. I make cases for all my puzzles and back them with...
          Yesterday, 08:43 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Wood supply
          by will8989
          I have enough of that. I bought 3 sheets of 1/8 and 1/4 a few months back. Bruce was at the sawmill yesterday and the superintendent of the Park told them they were getting over 50 oak trees from various county parks. The trees have sort of bug that is killing them . They will be quarantining them in...
          Yesterday, 07:40 AM
        Working...
        X