Tool Recommendations by owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Recommendations by owners?

In my experience people tend to project mostly what they like about the tools

they buy. I guess it's just human nature to want others to think they always

make good choices. I like to know as much information as possible good and

bad about what I buy. As some of you already know from some of my

previous posts I will tell you exactly what I like or dislike about tools I buy.

Naturally the longer you use a tool the better you can give an opinion as to

its good as well as bad features. For the members looking for information

on woodworking tools I would like to see owner reccomendations pointing

out all the good and all the bad. Just a thought.
    Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

One of the biggest problems we will encounter in the manufacturer making changes. Take the Dewalt scroll saw for example. When they 1st came out it was one of the best bang for the buck scroll saws. Then changes are made and now they can be problematic. Not every saw of course but enough where you might 2nd guess buying one now. I think this may be the case with just about everything being made today.
    But still a good idea for us to keep sharing our opinions on what we are buying. Some manufactures are still putting out a quality tool.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
      Reply to My beauties
      by will8989
      He puts biscuts between the long pieces, is that what you meant? He has stainless screws in the lips then puts the plugs on top of that. Scott, cutting one doesn’t take long. It’s the removing of the tiny drill hole, spraying each piece with distilled water, letting dry, sanding and sometimes flap...
      Today, 10:55 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
      by Rolf
      Like Bob said clamp a straight edge to the table and adjust it to compensate for the blade drift. There are some blades that have no or very little drift. Like the Olson PGT series it also seems to me that the Pegas MGT 3 or larger cut very straight....
      Today, 07:54 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to My beauties
      by Rolf
      I now you do beautiful work but I have to say your attention to details on these baskets is impressive. soft smooth edges, no visible glue squeeze out. And of course the cutting boards are beautiful. I am guessing that Bruce cut a spline in the end of the board and then dowels. I have not seen that...
      Today, 07:49 AM
    • NC Scroller
      Reply to My beauties
      by NC Scroller
      You are one busy lady. About how long does it take to cut one?
      Today, 05:51 AM
    • NC Scroller
      Reply to Hegner Multimax-18 for sale Tucson
      by NC Scroller
      Good luck.
      Today, 05:47 AM
    Working...
    X