Tool Recommendations by owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Recommendations by owners?

In my experience people tend to project mostly what they like about the tools

they buy. I guess it's just human nature to want others to think they always

make good choices. I like to know as much information as possible good and

bad about what I buy. As some of you already know from some of my

previous posts I will tell you exactly what I like or dislike about tools I buy.

Naturally the longer you use a tool the better you can give an opinion as to

its good as well as bad features. For the members looking for information

on woodworking tools I would like to see owner reccomendations pointing

out all the good and all the bad. Just a thought.
    Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

One of the biggest problems we will encounter in the manufacturer making changes. Take the Dewalt scroll saw for example. When they 1st came out it was one of the best bang for the buck scroll saws. Then changes are made and now they can be problematic. Not every saw of course but enough where you might 2nd guess buying one now. I think this may be the case with just about everything being made today.
    But still a good idea for us to keep sharing our opinions on what we are buying. Some manufactures are still putting out a quality tool.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
      Reply to Pattern Vault
      by dottyblues
      Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
      Today, 12:20 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
      by Linda In Phoenix
      So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
      I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
      In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
      I also added the...
      Yesterday, 10:49 PM
    • will8989
      Supermax
      by will8989
      Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
      Yesterday, 10:31 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Help help
      by will8989
      Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
      Yesterday, 10:11 PM
    • KarlB
      Reply to Pattern Vault
      by KarlB
      Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
      Yesterday, 10:05 PM
    Working...
    X