$75 Hegner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $75 Hegner

Sometimes Craigslist rocks. Looking for a scrollsaw bargain in like fishing, if you patient, eventually, something cool turns up. I let a G4 for $300 get away from me a year or so ago and have kicked myself every since.

So . . . I just found and picked up a Multi-cut 2 (Multimax 14) for $75. I couldn't resist. It is 30+ some years old and you can still get all the parts. It needs bellows and a little love, although, I will probably buy a quickclamp and a few other things to spruce it up a bit. The belows and any other part will cost more than the saw. Don't know how long a saw that old will last, but, it runs smooth for now.

It is super compact compared to my Mutimax 22. I'm calling it my baby Hegner.

-----------Randy
    Attached Files
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Gotta love those Hegner's....I sure like my two. And it came with the hold down foot as well....wow, what a steal.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

I have owned a Hegner 18v for over 25 years and have never regretted it. You got quite a buy for $75 if I were you I would purchase all of the parts needed to restore it to it's original condition. When I purchased my saw it cost me $1200.

Mike

Comment

Congratulations on a great buy! Nothing like adding to the family.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

ENVIOUS!!!!!!! Good catch on your part!

Comment

Great buy... I paid $600 for a 25 year old Hegner last year and felt I got a deal. Bellows worn out but I have a small fan blowing across the table to remove sawdust and keep me cool.
            Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
            "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Jim, If I remember, your multimax was a single speed also. I've never used a single speed before, so that will be interesting. I noticed there is a replacement variable speed motor/control available, but I'll not go that route unless the current motor gives up the ghost.

-------Randy

(Single speed motor/switch > $400, I think VS > $700, wow)
              Last edited by hotshot; 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM.
              "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Yes my multimax is single speed but I can change the stroke length on it. (Also on the Polymax) The polymax has many speeds but to change speeds you move the belt. I leave it on one speed all the time. I had a variable speed saw years ago and the variable speed control failed a few times. I then had a DeWalt but ran it at top speed all the time anyway. I am now used to just varying my feed rate to control the cut. I have my multimax setup with a 3/8" stroke and tilted at 2.5 degrees to do inlay with and the polymax stroke is set at 3/4" for cutting thicker material.
                Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X