Shop Fox and straight pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Fox and straight pins

I have just started using the Shop Fox and find it to be a great little Scroll saw, for doing most work. What I am having a problem with is some fine fret work and trying to use the optional straight blades because the pinned blades need a larger pilot hole. Has anyone had success with the straight blades on the Shop Fox? If so give me some hints.

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your post/request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 07-06-2012, 05:35 PM.

What kind of problems are you having with the plain end blades? 99.9% of scrolling is more readily accomplished with plain end blades. Pin end blades are OK for some things, but plain end blades are available in a much wider variety of sizes and tooth configurations that give you a lot more flexibility and produce much smoother, finer cuts.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Go check out Mike for Flying Dutchman blades.
      They are, in my honest opinion, the best available.
      I'm not affiliated with Mike, but he is a great guy to do business with..
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Actually the problem is not with straight blades it is with the adapter that comes with the Shop Fox. When I finish one small section of fretwork and have to remove the blade from the top adapter, to reposition the blade in a new hole, the bottom part of the adapter seems to always fall out and it is difficult to reset the entire thing. Maybe I am doing it wrong. If any of you Shop Fox users out there are using a straight blade with that adapter, let me know if it is a problem with the adapter, or my lack of patience.

Comment

Try this Scroll Saw Retrofit Items He might have some decent adapters to fit your saw.
          Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X