blade problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade problem

hi all my blade is more forward at the top than the bottom when i test it with a bit of timber it cuts at the top first could this be the reason that it cuts on a angle so if you cut a circle it will not push back through i have made sure the blade at 90 can any one please help me with this and tell me what i need to do thanks all have a good day

Yes, it could be the problem. What kind of saw do you have? The solution will probably vary depending on how the saw is assembled and what kind of clamping system it has. Unfortunately, it isn't something that the manufacturers generally allow for in the normal set-up and adjustments of the saw, so there may not be a simple solution.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

hi bill i have a dewalt 788 just cant seem to get the set up right its ok on thin timber but as soon as i try thick wood it dont fall out it gets stuck if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know thanks everyone all the best dave

Comment

Dave, if the cut-outs don't fall out, it's because your blade is not straight up and down from all sides, so you are cutting at an angle where the bottom of the cut is smaller than the top -- as you have noticed. That angle can result from you pushing it while cutting, or, as you say, you are starting out with the blade not being straight up and down. You are going to have to figure out how to adjust that blade so that it does not lean forward. I don't have the same saw as you so I don't know how you would make that adjustment, but your specific question is how to get the blade to be 90-degrees from all angles. You might try calling the company or doing a google search for adjusting the blade angle on the DeWalt saw.

Comment

Dave,

The problem you describe has been persistent in some Dewalt saws for the past few years. It appears on some saws and not on others. Unfortunately, the manufacturer appears to ignore the problem and doesn't offer any means to adjust for it. There have been some folks who have removed the top or bottom arms and slotted the mounting holes in order to get enough adjustment to straighten up the blade travel. There may be other alternatives as well, but they will likely involve your own desire to tinker with the mechanics of the saw, to some degree.

Check out Rick Hutcheson's website. He has bult up quite a library on Dewalt fixes. I think there is some info on there regarding this problem as well.

Rick's Scrollsaw

Good luck!
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

thanks guys for your input i will have a look ricks scrollsaw and see what i can do all the best dave

Comment

It shouldn't be hard to correct the problem on your DW788, depending on how much adjustment you'll need to make. When Dewalt replaced my worn out 788 with a new one, under their complete rebuild policy, I found the table was too low in the rear. I unbolted the rear table support, (just 1 bolt), then used a wooden shim to raise the clamp support, and rear of table until it was square with the blade. The adjustment was sufficient enough that I was able to drill a new bolt hole. I drilled through from both sides then replaced and tightened the bolt. It was an easy fix. Too bad Dewalt doesn't correct this defect with a way to adjust the front to back angle of the table.
              I hope my explanation is clear enough, if not let me know and I'll try to be more lucid.
              Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

hi i have tried a few things now to try a correct it and still no luck but thanks to sawman101 i will try your way and raise the clamp support you have explaned very clear thanks i will give this a go and let you know how this works out thanks again to everyone who has tried to help me with this hope to get it sorted soon as its driving me nuts now lol

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                  Today, 12:25 AM
                • keystonecop
                  Bread and Cheese..
                  by keystonecop
                  ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                  Today, 12:08 AM
                • keystonecop
                  Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                  by keystonecop
                  This is in a 5x5 area.. The total shop is 10x12 ...
                  Today, 12:01 AM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to Turning to something new
                  by jim_mex
                  Wow! That segmented bowl is amazing!

Betty - I have an old Darth Vader helmet somewhere. Will that substitute Bruce's get up? Failing that there always my current biker's helmet Thanks very much for the safety advice and concern. Rest assured that safety is my priority these days....
                  Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Turning to something new
                  by will8989
                  That is beautiful. Your design?
                  Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                Working...
                X