Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker Turner Scroll Saw

I have a very old Walker Turner scroll saw. It's a direct
    drive and I got it all cleaned up and working and would like to use it.
    Problem is that it came with one old blade that is 6.75" long (and very
    dull) and I can find only 5" blades locally. Where can I find the blades I need for this saw?

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your post/request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 06-27-2012, 02:15 PM.

Hi PJ, I am pretty sure that Sloans carries them.

JerryS

Comment

Are you sure the blade is 6.75" long? I know Sloans has 6" blades but that would be too short. A coping saw usually takes 6 1/2" blades but I don't know if you need plain or pin blades.
      Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Sorry, I do not know where you can blades that long...but I also have Walker Turner tool...a cabinet table saw a friend brought by one day. I was surprised to see it still works. I tracked it down, and found out Montgomery Wards used to sell them years ago.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

I emailed Sloans and they suggested buying coping saw blades and removing the pins. I did and it works but can't be as good as the new scroll saw blade technology that is out there now.

Comment

I inherited my Dad's old Companion jig saw, (that's what they called them back then), from the mid 30's. I use it mainly, for heavy work and cut up bandsaw blades to use in it. They cut quite readily, with a good pair of tin snips.

You're right though, you won't get to experience the new blade technology by doing that, unfortunately.

Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to My computer issues.
              by will8989
              I clean it up and stuff regularly. If I do a lot of typing, spreadsheets, etc., I use the computer as it’s faster for me but take the tablet to shows and markets to post from there. I also use my rapid resizer program on the tablet when I want to change a pattern and am downstairs. I really need a...
              Yesterday, 11:16 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
              Yesterday, 05:55 PM
            • Rolf
              by Rolf
              Linda,
              Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
              Yesterday, 08:41 AM
            • RJweb
              by RJweb
              Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
              Yesterday, 08:39 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New turning tools
              by Rolf
              Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
              Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
              This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
              Yesterday, 08:27 AM
            Working...
            X