Mop Sanders ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mop Sanders ??

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Having never had the occasion to use a mop sander, I am not aware of the advantage-disadvantage between a double and single mop setup except for the obvious thickness. Any opinions?
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 06-13-2012, 01:57 PM. Reason: I left out the title. My first forum entry.

The only difference is thickness and of course cost. I have single mops and they work just fine for puzzles and other projects.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I like the one's from RJR Studio's. I mainly do intarsia so I use the double wide.
      They have been a godsend since they save a ton of hand sanding which saves my shoulder.

Comment

I use the double mop sanders from RJR's as well. They are refillable, work extremely well. Price isn't bad either, once you've purchased the mandrel.

Jan

Comment

There have been several discussions on this subject. Do a search on sanding mops and see what comes up. This is one http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/gen...-saw/44650.htm

I preffer the Mac mops sold by klingspore.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I like the Mac mops, too.

Comment

Rolf convinced me to try the Mac mops and they are far better than any others I have tried. They may cost a little more but they just last and last.
              Regards
              John
              "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
              Some of my Stuff
              Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I purchased a 1" mop and am completely satisfied. The most important part is the break in procedure they suggest.Seems as though the more it's used, the better it works. Thank you all again.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X