New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy

I ordered this Branding Iron Amazon.com: Wall Lenk CM125W Woodworker's Branding Iron: Home Improvement. I ordered in on April 19th and it arrived April 20th. I mailed the head ordered form on April 21st and the Head arrived yesterday. It seams to work really well but it going to take a bit of practice to get right each time since it take different time for different woods.
    Attached Files
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

A friend of mine has a branding iron. He quickly learned the difficulty of getting the brand right in the first applicion, and how nearly impossible it is to line the head up properly for a second imprint. He made a jig that allowed him to apply the iron again exactly over the original imprint. I hope to have my own branding iron one of these days. Thanks for sharing.
    Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Hey Dan, I have one almost like yours. The only difference is the last name is different!
      It does take some practice to get it right. I always practice on a piece of scrap of the same wood.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Dan, I was wondering if the heat is consistant or does it change with air currents or just heat to a certain temp & stay there. I tried a square block type of print on a piece of scrap wood, with my woodburning tool & it was way too hot. I only have a cheaper type of burning & not one with controlled heating elements. It was very tricky too, like you say, getting it lined up correct for the burn. That is a nice iron. Hope it works out for your use. I hand burn my ID on my scroll pieces. Looks good & thanks for the info.
        PERK

Comment

One of my many fill in projects is a fairly easy method to produce my own brands.
          They won't be electric. Just heat with a small torch. More complicated then I thought it would be and complicated enough so I won't quit 'til I get it.
          May the wind at you back .....
          Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X