Power craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power craft

Anyone ever hear of PowerCraft Band saws? I have the opportunity to pick up a 14" for $125.00, It does need a little work which is easy enough to do. But I need to know something about the saw, like is it anygood?
    CHRIS

http://www.members.cox.net/messman123/messman.htm

Would that be the old Montgomery Ward brand of power tools?
    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
    with a EX-21

Comment

I used to purchase a LOT of "power craft" tools from M/Wards....don't know who originally made them but they held up well.......i have/had an old table saw that i mistreated for quite a while and finally gave it to my grandson about 5-6 years ago..i think he's still useing it to redo his home.......as far as a bandsaw, i DON'T remember ever seing one at our local store or i probably would have bought it too.(used to be a tool hound ) the brand was well made. doubt seriously if any of the parts places have any replacements for the tools now ...unless they were standardized into the modern brands.

Comment

Thanks Dave.
        CHRIS

http://www.members.cox.net/messman123/messman.htm

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by jim_mex
          Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
          ingers crossed
          Today, 07:35 PM
        • cwmagee
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by cwmagee
          I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
          Today, 05:39 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to New tools
          by jim_mex
          Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
          Today, 05:26 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to New tools
          by Rolf
          Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
          My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
          Today, 04:32 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Big week here
          by Rolf
          Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
          Today, 04:19 PM
        Working...
        X