A few new tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few new tools

Went out this weekend and splurged, bought a General International 18" bandsaw, a general International oscilating spindle sander, and a General International drill press. Getting all the tools lined up all I need now is an 8" jointer, 20" single surface thickness planer, drum sander, and a new table saw. But before those things I will add another 1000sq. ft. onto my shop, its way to small.
    Attached Files

He who dies with the most toys.....WINS!!!!! Congrats on all the new toys.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I'd like to have 1,000 sq ft to work in! If I put your new acquisitions in my shed I wouldn't be able to close the door - from the outside!
      Douglas Fraser
      Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

Dude! When you splurge, you don't mess around!

Congrats on the new shop and tools. Sounds like you will have a pretty nice set-up.
        Last edited by Bill Wilson; 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

You are a man after my own heart! I love new tools. What will you be making that requires the scale of tools that you ar getting? i.e. 20 inch planer. These are all big boy toys.
          And of course you will need to post some pictures of your projects. Please!
          Last edited by Rolf; 04-18-2012, 12:06 PM.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Congratulations on the new toys. Very happy for you.
            As mentioned above, no room in my shop for those.
            Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
            Desert Woodcrafters
            Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

The tools I am purchasing are for a woodwork shop that I am putting together. I work construction and I plan on retiring from my job in three or maybe four years. I will start building my new shop early next year. When I am done with my regular job I will then work at home building cabinets, furniture, etc. Right now I do not have a lot of time to start any real big projects, I am just way to busy with my job.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                Reply to New tools
                by jim_mex
                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
              • Hobbyhorse
                Reply to New tools
                by Hobbyhorse
                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
              • Hobbyhorse
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by Hobbyhorse
                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by KarlB
                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                by KarlB
                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X