Ryobi 16" Scroll Saw Blade Holder Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi 16" Scroll Saw Blade Holder Replacement

First of all, let me apologize if I am asking a question that has been answered several times. I did a forum search, and I think I saw what I need, but wanted to clarify. The last thread I saw was from 2007 and I don't want to dig up old posts...

I recently bought a Ryobi 16" SS when HD was clearancing them out. I have been happy with it--as long as I keep the speed down. If not, the thing bounces like a fully loaded, out of balance washing machine .

Tonight I fully stripped the hex head bolt that tightens the blade to the upper arm. Seems like a bad design. I hope I can get a replacement bolt tomorrow at Lowes--I know, not with that yellow knob on it. Never really used it, anyway.

Ayway, enough rambling. Can I get a tool-less upper blade holder? I know it's a low end saw, but if I can get one reasonably, I will. I looked at poszgai.com, but was confused. The site isn't too user friendly. I have seen references to the "T250 at Wildwood" but will that fit my Ryobi?

I had to replace mine also last year. I just ordered a part from ereplacementparts.com. The replacement is the same as the original part. I don't know if there is a keyless replacement, but I ordered two parts so as to have a spare.
    Ryobi Parts - Ryobi Replacement Parts - Ryobi Repair Parts
    Don't worry about old age--It doesn't last that long

Comment

Steve, thanks for the link. I have a couple Ryobi tools (I love my DP12L drill press and venerable BT3100 table saw...) so that lnk is very handy.

I got a new bolt from Lowes today. In case anyone runs into the issue in the future, I used a M4 .70x35 metric bolt. I could have gotten a shorter one, but the shorter ones were all slotted and not Philips. I will trim it later. It's not as "pretty" as the origninal, but I have it (set of 3) today for $1.20.

Would LOVE to hear of a tool-less replacement blade older, though.

Comment

i usually buy 5 at a time from ereplacementparts, now it seems that i keep spares on hand they last longer lol

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
          Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
          by Gary beasley
          Cutting a straight line I get it started then plant my thumb at the side of the piece and use that to stabilize the cutting path, a bit like the pin you would use on a bandsaw when resawing old style.
          Yesterday, 02:34 PM
        • will8989
          Wood supply
          by will8989
          We went to Groff & Groff yesterday. Purple Heart wood is stuck on a boat somewhere. They said imported exotic and hardwoods are stuck on boats. So if you see a wood you need, grab it while you can.
          Yesterday, 09:58 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to My beauties
          by will8989
          He has 4 of the long ones, but we have other sizes that he uses for clamping up his cheese board slicers, another good seller. They go for $35, left over wood from dough board. On late shift yesterday because I took a 2 hour nap around 7. Off to the saw! I have 8 days of shows in 2 weekends! And one...
          Yesterday, 09:49 AM
        • RJweb
          Reply to My beauties
          by RJweb
          The boards and baskets are beautiful, but maybe buy Bruce some more clamps, also I see you are on the night shift again, RJ...
          Yesterday, 09:28 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to My beauties
          by will8989
          What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
          Yesterday, 01:20 AM
        Working...
        X