Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur EX-21 Issue with blade holder

Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone had an issue with the blade holder on the Excalibur EX-21. There is an allen screw (#37 in the attached part disgram) opposite to the butterfly used to tighten the blade that keeps getting loose. The result is that this screw eventually turns inside the holder resulting in a bending of the blade and a misalignment when you tighten the butterfly. The fix is quite easy as you simply need to tighten that screw against the butterfly again.

But it does not make sense that you cannnot lock this screw in a permanent position and avoid the loosening up.

Am I missing something? Does anybody else have this problem?

Alain
    Attached Files

I used BLUE locktight on mine an it holds good.

Comment

Like mentioned Blue Locktite.
      Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
      with a EX-21

Comment

Locktite is designed to keep screws or bolts from loosening. Apply a small dab onto the threads of the jack screw. Then install back into the blade clamp. The blue locktite allows the screw to be backed out when needed. Red locktite is permanent, so don't use it.
        You can find it in the auto department of most hardware stores, Walmart and of course Auto Parts stores.
        Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Thanks folks. That will do the trick!

Alain

Comment

Hi use a little piece of FTP tape on the thread....geoff3

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
              Reply to Question about tilting head saws
              by handibunny
              It doesn’t matter whether the saw table tilts or the saw arm tilts. Either can be used for any project cut at an angle, and there’s a learning curve for each.

I actually prefer the tilting table because the blade remains vertical. I find that at really steep angles, like 40 or 45 degrees,...
              Today, 02:10 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to What you find when cleaning out a cedar chest
              by will8989
              This is the tapestry I found in the cedar chest. We can’t identify where the pictures are from. Two among many. I also forgot to mention dad was also in the army Fife and Drum Corps and also played with a big band when he was discharged. Have to find that info....
              Today, 12:34 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce doing great
              by will8989
              What a morning. The therapists were quite pleased with what he could do. He took the wrap off today and he can walk with the walker with very little pain. It’s getting the leg completely straight that is hard to do. It’s when his brother stopped in that things went off rails. Rolf, we are talking...
              Today, 12:19 PM
            • Sandy Oaks
              Reply to Question about tilting head saws
              by Sandy Oaks
              If you are referring to 3D Compound cutting, the blade is 90 degrees to the table and not tilted. I use the tilting head for things like inlays and Carole's bowls. If you want a tilting arm, be sure it is rack and pinion. Look at other features that may fit your needs. As a Pegas dealer, I can help...
              Today, 11:32 AM
            • Jim Lowder
              Reply to Need Advice Refurbishing Somerville Excalibur 30
              by Jim Lowder
              I think the foot release was an option. I don’t see the pulley for it on the back of yours. Although it may have been removed. It is a very simple concept, it’s a cable attached to the back of the saw to release the arm
              Today, 10:10 AM
            Working...
            X