Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treslakter
    replied
    The simple solution is hard to see..... DAMHIK!

Leave a comment:

• Kd5nay
    replied
    Tom,
    Thanks for the response. I didn't even think of that possibility, but you are very likely right. I'm also embarrassed to say that I didn't think of the threaded rod option. I was actually planning on machining my own bolt but your idea is MUCH quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Tom J.
    replied
    I suspect the bolt is considered part of the motor and not listed or available from the saw manufacturer. Try a local electric motor repair shop or just get a piece of threaded rod of a size that will fit and install it with a nut on each end.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Kd5nay
    replied
    I decided to just tear it apart and inspect everything. So far so good but I am having trouble finding one part. There are 2 approximately 6" bolts that run through the motor. The top one was loose and had no nut on end. The bolt is also completely stripped (can barely even tell there were threads on it). The nut should be easy to find at any hardware store but I cant find a part number for the long bolt. The schematic doesnt even appear to have it pictured. Any ideas where I can find one? Thanks!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Kd5nay
    started a topic Newbie with a delta 40-601

Newbie with a delta 40-601

Hi all,
    I'm new here and new to scroll sawing. I just purchased a Delta 40-601 (type 1, I think). Overall the saw appears to be in great condition for its age. My question is are there any normal 'wear-n-tear' parts that should be replaced or oiled (bearings, bushings, pins, etc)? It seems to run well but, being new to scroll saws in general, I don't really have any experience to base that on. I'm excited to have the saw and to have a place like this to chit-chat and pick some (more knowledgable) brains. I'm looking forward to learning from y'all.

Andy

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
    Reply to Need advice...
    by Jim McDonald
    Thanks Carole!
    Today, 10:19 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
    by will8989
    SLRA does a “spot” check. He’s lucky I’m keeping him around. It was free with a purchase at harbor freight. When people pick up a basket to examine, usually first time customers, they inspect everything for glue ups, drill holes, etc. of course, I don’t think half of them know what they are...
    Today, 09:08 AM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    Interesting, I will nee to try that.
    Today, 08:01 AM
  • handibunny
    by handibunny
    Back in my days of collecting antique pottery, I used to carry a a small blacklight unit to check for repairs that were invisible to the naked eye. I never knew that it could detect glue spots. That's a lot neater than using mineral spirits, or waiting until a sealer coat of shellac reveals missed...
    Today, 06:22 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to My lucky day!
    by will8989
    Being a diet controlled type 2 diabetic, I check my glucose. Checked before my shot on Tuesday it was fine. Checked on Wednesday after a morning walk expecting to see less than 100 and about fainted when it read 158. Every check has been 150 or more since then. Started reading and yes, the shots can...
    Yesterday, 10:37 PM
Working...
X