Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a delta 40-601

Hi all,
    I'm new here and new to scroll sawing. I just purchased a Delta 40-601 (type 1, I think). Overall the saw appears to be in great condition for its age. My question is are there any normal 'wear-n-tear' parts that should be replaced or oiled (bearings, bushings, pins, etc)? It seems to run well but, being new to scroll saws in general, I don't really have any experience to base that on. I'm excited to have the saw and to have a place like this to chit-chat and pick some (more knowledgable) brains. I'm looking forward to learning from y'all.

Andy

I decided to just tear it apart and inspect everything. So far so good but I am having trouble finding one part. There are 2 approximately 6" bolts that run through the motor. The top one was loose and had no nut on end. The bolt is also completely stripped (can barely even tell there were threads on it). The nut should be easy to find at any hardware store but I cant find a part number for the long bolt. The schematic doesnt even appear to have it pictured. Any ideas where I can find one? Thanks!

Andy

Comment

I suspect the bolt is considered part of the motor and not listed or available from the saw manufacturer. Try a local electric motor repair shop or just get a piece of threaded rod of a size that will fit and install it with a nut on each end.

Tom

Comment

Tom,
        Thanks for the response. I didn't even think of that possibility, but you are very likely right. I'm also embarrassed to say that I didn't think of the threaded rod option. I was actually planning on machining my own bolt but your idea is MUCH quicker.

Comment

The simple solution is hard to see..... DAMHIK!
          Ivar ("treslakter" - read as "woodbutcher")

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by tgiro01
            One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
            Today, 08:18 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Interesting pallet
            by Rolf
            That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
            Today, 08:16 AM
          • Quartz43
            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
            by Quartz43
            I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
            Yesterday, 07:29 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Interesting pallet
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
            Yesterday, 07:27 PM
          • Misouri Wayne
            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
            by Misouri Wayne
            Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
            Yesterday, 04:55 PM
          Working...
          X