Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil J
    replied
    Thanks for all of the great replies! WD-40 and #0000 steel wool are easy enough to come by.

Phil J.

Leave a comment:

• oily
    replied
    I sanded my 788 table with my orbital sander and 220 then 400. Wiped it down with spirits then applied a heavy coat of paste wax. It took a month of heavy use to UN-SLICK to where I liked it. For me once or twice a year is plenty. Did the same on my disc sander tables and table saws including fences.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Larry and Dan have it right. My DeWalt is still slick after two years by applying wax every month or so.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad
    replied
    Same instructions here. Works for me all the time.

Leave a comment:

• dgman
    replied
    Yes, you can use WD 40 and steel wool to clean your cast iron tables even with a little rust. Wipe down the table with mineral spirits, let dry then apply the wax. Let it dry for a few Minutes, then buff the wax with a clean with a lint free cloth.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Jay
    replied
    Start with any oil and a green scrubby. If that is not enough go to 0000 steel wool and WD 40 or a penetrating oil. If that does not work look for Boeshield, which has both a cleaner and a protector/sealer.

Rub a good coat of wax on the clean surface, let dry to a haze, and buff. Usually have to repeat about once a month depending on use.

Leave a comment:

• Phil J
    started a topic Got the Johnson Paste Wax..now what

Got the Johnson Paste Wax..now what

I finally found a can of the Johnson paste wax that I've heard so much about for protecting the tables of your various saws. Now I have two questions:
    1.) What do you use to clean a fairly new table with prior to waxing?
    2.) Same question about a table that may have a twinge of rust on it?
    Years ago I had heard of using WD-40 and steel wool...not so sure that is ok.

thanks,

Phil J.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X