Bench grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench grinder

Went out today and purchased a general 8" bench grinder. I want to convert it over so that I can run a pneumatic sanding drum on it. Does anyone know if you can buy an adaptor for the 5/8" threaded shaft to mount a drill chuck on, or do you have to make one.

Thank's

Steve W.

I think you're looking for a Jacobs 3326A Drill chuck. It has a 5/8 inside mounting diameter and was used on some shopsmith units.
    Last edited by JimInMA; 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I have an adaptor on an old washing machine motor for my dust mop....I think I found it at the local hardware store. I don't remember though for sure. it has an allen screw that tightens down to hold the mandrel in place.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your input, it's taking me a lot of fooling around and money to put all of these tools together, I should have a fully operational woodwork shop ready for my retirement in the next year and a half.

Comment

Getting your tools, organizing your shop will be an ongoing process. What we refer to as a work in progress. Enjoy the gathering. Look forward to creating mountains of sawdust. Share some pics of your shop in progress.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike has the right of it. I converted both a 6in. and an 8in grinder with the type of mandrel he suggested. It's inexpensive and the stuff you need is available at any decent hardware store, even Ace.

Jan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X