Industrial scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industrial scroll saw

If anyone is interested I posted a picture of an industrial scrollsaw in the classified section it is a Richards.
    I personally have not seen it. I met the gentleman at a craft fair and I offered to post the add for him
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Something else I have missed here I guess....Rolf, where would I find the Classified Section? Never mind, I found it..
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

Quite interesting. Found a bit more about the Richards saw on the VintageMachinery web site.

On a site that shows a J.A. Fay & Co. scroll saw from the 1860's states that "John Richards went to work in Cincinnati, for J.A. Fay Co. around 1866, and several years later moved to Philadelphia, to manufacture woodworking machinery under the name, Richards, London & Kelley. He also is the author of an 1872 book of great value to students of the history of wood working machinery – A Treatise on The Construction and Operation of Wood-Working Machines. This book is available online at Google books, if you have broadband (I don’t), and well worth the download time."

J. A. Richards went out of business in 2006.
      Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Interesting stuff Jim.
        Larry
        I don't think you want to ship it to Hawaii
        How are you feeling these days?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for asking Rolf....each day I seem to feel better. I am spending about 3 -4 hours in the shop a day, broken between AM & PM. The Trend helmet helps allot. And you are correct, shipping that heavy saw would cost a ton of $$ to Hawaii. I'll keep working on my Hegners I think
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X