bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandsaw

Good day to all,hope you are all in good health and creating lots of saw dust.I have decided not to upgrade my bandsaw but to invest in a new 14".My question is does any fellow scrollers have a King Industial 14" {KC-1433fxr}bandsaw or know of anyone that has or have used one. Iwould like some feedback on them. It does have a 1hp 110/220 motor.I have asked this question on other forums and never get a straight answer,it always comes around to : buy a jet,or a general or steel city or some other brand.If I had access to all these brands and the money I would look at them but King and General are the only 2 I can get here on the Island. Any help will be most welcome
    Remember keep your blades sharp and your fingers safe

I'm not familiar with the King's or General - but I can tell you you're lucky you don't have access to a Sears Craftsman. My crapsman is only a couple of years and I've already replaced a couple of gears and still having serious problems adjusting the tension. I bought the saw brand new. I will never buy another craftsman tool for as long as I live and that could be a while since only the good die young.

Do a google search on the saw and research it. "Researching" can be quite informative. I've learned that the old company that used to make Craftsman tools is still in business today. Sears decided to sell their tools at a more competitive price so they abandoned their Craftsman maker and opted for a cheaper Chinese version. They did find CHEAP, but the company they abandoned got a new contract with Home Depot and they now make the Home Depot "Rigid" line of tools.

Sorry for the ranting, but I can't judge the King tools. I was just trying to give you info that might help you make a good decision. I was born in NB and still have lots of relatives there. While visiting, I did notice a Home Depot in Moncton. Maybe you might a trip to the mainland and find a source for the Rigid. I just wish I had had the info before making my purchase because my Dad swore by his Craftsman tools. I know he would be very disappointed in their present day quality.
    It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

bandsaw

Thanks for the Info, I did look at craftsman but all reviews were not good, I am looking at king and general because they are made in Canada well some models of general. trying to stay away from asian.My delta was made in the US and I have had no problems at all with it.Because of the cost of shipping it would cost to much to buy one out of the States and ship it to NL. Reviews on line for King International are good but user reviews would be much better. I can get a General but it is $300.00 more for the same size King saw. I will keep trying to find some reviews before I make the plunge.
      Last edited by Len Lucas; 03-05-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

If I was in the market for a Bandsaw at this time I would likely be facing the same problem of choosing between the King or the General International although I also have a Busy Bee outlet not far away that handles their Craftex line.

I should point out, however, that although both King and General are Canadian Companies their products are all not manufactured here. My King 12" Planner is "Imported by King Canada" and my General International Air Cleaner is "Made in Taiwan". The General machines may be made in Canada, I'm not sure, but the General International machines are imports.

There is a bit of discussion about the King machine you are looking at on the forum: Canadian Woodworking and Home Improvement Forum. The comments however are pro and con so you have to sort through to make up your mind.

At this time I don't own either of these saws so I can't comment from hands on experience.

Good luck.

Tom

Comment

bandsaw

Thanks for the info Tom, I did find a web site, but can't remember which one that advertised general bs as made in Canada, only certain models so it could have been General made in Canada and General International overseas. When I find the site again I will post what it said. Again thanks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
            Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
            by handibunny
            Rolf, smaller bowl-cutting angles, 30˚ or less, usually don't present a problem either with vibration or for cutting into the table. It's when you get into the 40˚ and 45˚ range that things get dicey for both. (The Seyco saw doesn't even cut bevels greater than 35˚ or so!) If you add even a slight...
            Today, 09:21 AM
          • Bill Wilson
            by Bill Wilson
            I've done some bevel cutting on my EX-21 as well and also have not experienced any added vibration, nor have I cut into the table. Perhaps I haven't cut at a steep enough angle, but the existing blade hole has been sufficient. I do despise the useless vacuum holes, but I've learned to live with them...
            Today, 09:06 AM
          • cwmagee
            by cwmagee
            Carole Your hole size was a concern when I purchased the Pegas Replacement Table for my EX21, because I had cut into the side of hole on the original table, The damage I did to the old table was due to the blade adjustments were not in the center of blade holders. So far that has not been an issue...
            Today, 08:40 AM
          • Rolf
            by Rolf
            That is an interesting point Carole. I have done some bevel cutting on the EX and can't say that I have experienced an increase in vibration or any problems with following the lines. I know when I cut one of your bowl designs on my Hawk I really had to concentrate on not pushing down hill....
            Today, 07:28 AM
          • handibunny
            by handibunny
            Just a word of caution about the size of the blade hole. When I used a DeWalt years ago in the infamous community woodshop, and also with my more recent experiences with the Jet, if you do much bevel cutting at a steep angle, you will cut into the table. That's why inserts have the slot that can be...
            Today, 06:21 AM
          Working...
          X