bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandsaw

Good day to all,hope you are all in good health and creating lots of saw dust.I have decided not to upgrade my bandsaw but to invest in a new 14".My question is does any fellow scrollers have a King Industial 14" {KC-1433fxr}bandsaw or know of anyone that has or have used one. Iwould like some feedback on them. It does have a 1hp 110/220 motor.I have asked this question on other forums and never get a straight answer,it always comes around to : buy a jet,or a general or steel city or some other brand.If I had access to all these brands and the money I would look at them but King and General are the only 2 I can get here on the Island. Any help will be most welcome
    Remember keep your blades sharp and your fingers safe

I'm not familiar with the King's or General - but I can tell you you're lucky you don't have access to a Sears Craftsman. My crapsman is only a couple of years and I've already replaced a couple of gears and still having serious problems adjusting the tension. I bought the saw brand new. I will never buy another craftsman tool for as long as I live and that could be a while since only the good die young.

Do a google search on the saw and research it. "Researching" can be quite informative. I've learned that the old company that used to make Craftsman tools is still in business today. Sears decided to sell their tools at a more competitive price so they abandoned their Craftsman maker and opted for a cheaper Chinese version. They did find CHEAP, but the company they abandoned got a new contract with Home Depot and they now make the Home Depot "Rigid" line of tools.

Sorry for the ranting, but I can't judge the King tools. I was just trying to give you info that might help you make a good decision. I was born in NB and still have lots of relatives there. While visiting, I did notice a Home Depot in Moncton. Maybe you might a trip to the mainland and find a source for the Rigid. I just wish I had had the info before making my purchase because my Dad swore by his Craftsman tools. I know he would be very disappointed in their present day quality.
    It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

bandsaw

Thanks for the Info, I did look at craftsman but all reviews were not good, I am looking at king and general because they are made in Canada well some models of general. trying to stay away from asian.My delta was made in the US and I have had no problems at all with it.Because of the cost of shipping it would cost to much to buy one out of the States and ship it to NL. Reviews on line for King International are good but user reviews would be much better. I can get a General but it is $300.00 more for the same size King saw. I will keep trying to find some reviews before I make the plunge.
      Last edited by Len Lucas; 03-05-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

If I was in the market for a Bandsaw at this time I would likely be facing the same problem of choosing between the King or the General International although I also have a Busy Bee outlet not far away that handles their Craftex line.

I should point out, however, that although both King and General are Canadian Companies their products are all not manufactured here. My King 12" Planner is "Imported by King Canada" and my General International Air Cleaner is "Made in Taiwan". The General machines may be made in Canada, I'm not sure, but the General International machines are imports.

There is a bit of discussion about the King machine you are looking at on the forum: Canadian Woodworking and Home Improvement Forum. The comments however are pro and con so you have to sort through to make up your mind.

At this time I don't own either of these saws so I can't comment from hands on experience.

Good luck.

Tom

Comment

bandsaw

Thanks for the info Tom, I did find a web site, but can't remember which one that advertised general bs as made in Canada, only certain models so it could have been General made in Canada and General International overseas. When I find the site again I will post what it said. Again thanks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Rolf
            So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
            I like the fact...
            Today, 08:34 AM
          • will8989
            Reply to Farmers market
            by will8989
            Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
            Today, 08:17 AM
          • Sandy Oaks
            Reply to Farmers market
            by Sandy Oaks
            Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
            Today, 08:17 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Farmers market
            by Rolf
            Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
            Today, 08:10 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Supermax
            by NC Scroller
            Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
            Today, 08:00 AM
          Working...
          X