Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiral Blade 's

I do a lot of fret work. My patterns are printed on 20# bond, mounted to my
    wood with spray adhesive and then covered with clear packing tape.

My problem occurs only when using spiral blades. The fibre from the paper
    is pulled up thru the cut, effectively "blocking" my line of sight.
    Since the fibre is not loose, the blower is not effective.

Would appreciate any suggestions & advice.

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your request/question.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Marty: Make sure that you have the blade installed in your saw in the correct direction. If spiral blades are installed upside down, they will do this. In fact, if you see sawdust coming out on the top surface, your blade needs to be reversed. When installing spiral blades, hold the blade between your thumb and forefinger and run your fingers up and down; you will be able to tell which direction the teeth are pointing. Install them in the clamps with the teeth pointing down. Dick
      Dick Miraglia

Comment

What Dick said.... lol
        I didn't realize for a long time that spirals could be put in upside down.
        T
        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

In addition to whtat was already mentioned, what thickness is the material you are cutting. Spirals all leave a much rougher surface that flat blades, causing your pattern to shread a bit instead of a crisp clean cut.Even if your spiral is installed right side up, if it is one with reversed teeth, and your material isnt very thick, it can still cause you some grief.
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I bet on Dick's answer.
            M.V.B. Carl
            "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
            Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

I don't like using the clear packing tape for just that reason.
              I prefer the blue tape under the pattern,
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thank you all for your input. Dick, I just learned something. I had no idea
                that spiral's had a "direction". That just might solve my problem.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Farmers market "survey"
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                  I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                  For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                  Today, 11:14 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Farmers market
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                  Today, 11:00 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                  Today, 09:57 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by Rolf
                  So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                  I like the fact...
                  Today, 08:34 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Farmers market
                  by will8989
                  Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                  Today, 08:17 AM
                Working...
                X