Guinevere motor and speed controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinevere motor and speed controller

I going to buy the Guinever sanding system motor and I've been thinking about buying a router speed controller to go with it so I could lower the RPM it I wanted to. I think it sould work mostbare rated for 20 amps and th Guinevere is 3 amps. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this idea.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Dan, I have ordered the flex system that Guinevere makes and sells. I did not order the motor itself as I have a older table top drill press I plan to use with the system. If I need to slow the speed down I will just change belt placement on the drill press.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

I have my flex shaft connected to a small rockwell reostat speed controled
      small bench drill press ,mounted sholder high next to my dremels ,works great
      flex shafts just clear the floor hanging down when not in use,posted some pix a little while ago ,stationary motor bench mount should be ok if motor designed for speed control .
      M.V.B.
      Carl
      "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
      Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

It 's on the second page of the section.Good luck,Carl
        "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
        Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

If I understand you correctly, note that amazon sells router speed controllers for $20....15a unit:
          Amazon.com: SE Electronic Stepless Speed Controller: Home Improvement

Probably a better one, a wood magazine recommends this one:
          Amazon.com: MLCS 9400 Standard Duty Router Speed Control: Home Improvement

Comment

Thanks for the help. I did see those two controllers on Amazon but I went with one from Rockler it cost a bit more but it said it was for all brush type motors up to 3 HP andd 20 amps so it should work.

Comment

Dan, why don't you call King Arthur's Tools. Ask for Jerry and mention my name. He's been very helpful, and knows the line thoroughly.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip Carole I'll call tomorrow I'll post what I find out.

Comment

I just got off the phone with Jerry at King Arthur's tools. He told me no on the speed controller. The reason for his answer is this. They have customers who put a speed comptroller on the motor it worked for some some but not for others. It wasn't anything that the company says not to do. I have to controller coming from Rockler and I think give it a try. I'll let you know. I hoping it will work it I can control the speed it should also shorten the distance a piece it thrown across my shop.

Comment

Carole maybe you can talk your friends into making one with varialble speed.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Update

I ordered the Guinevere on Monday it arrived on Tuesday. The motor is very compact, it runs really quite and smooth. Even at 3600 RPM's it's easy to use. with my sanding mop chucked up it does a great job and will help keep me cool on those warm summer afternoon. I built a stand that about 8" high for the Gunievere to mount to it seams to be at just about the right hight, I think I may paint it yellow.
                      Ok now for thr speed control it arrived to day and it does work fairly well I can lower the speed to about 1800 RPM's I think it about that if I set the control to #5 then start the motor. I can put as much pressure on the sander but it will work. I need to play around wiith some more to see just how well it will work.
                      Over all I really like the Guinevere I'm still planning on buying the Flexable Shaft to make my system complete
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dan, good luck with your new "lady". I hope she serves you well.

Rolf, I'm still waiting for them to send me the mini round inflatable that's been in the works. The variable speed motor will just have to wait. Not that I have any real influence anyway.
                        Carole

Comment

I received the Flexable Shaft the other day. I do not have the motor system you are using. I have a table top drill press set up and chucked the Shaft into it....works just fine. I really like have the control with the shaft. Make sure you receive the chuck key with your order....they forgot to include one with the system I received..they are sending me a few extra one's
                          Hawaiilad
                          Larry

Comment

Carole I think it going to be a lot of fun. Larry i think I may know why they left out our chuck key, it was so they could send me two with my motor.

Comment

I'm going to look into getting a flex shaft to use with my SandFlee keyless chuck. I assume that a chuck is a chuck, as long as it takes standard sizes. If everyone else is getting new toys, I want one too!!!!
                              Carole

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X