True Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Love

It must be true love. Regardless to the fact he knows that he is buying into "scrollsaw widowhood" my husband bought me a DeWalt 788 type 1!!!! I am soooo excited! We have to get it set up tonight. I was like a kid at Christmas yesterday. Alas, the children had functions to go to so we couldn't get it set up yesterday but tonight......it's all MINE!!!!
    Hey....waiiiit a minute.....maybe he bought it for me just to keep me out of his hair??!!!

Sarah
    What's that old saying?? A bad day scrolling is still better than the best day working??

Congratulations Sarah.

I still like the Ryobi though
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

There ya go girl now go and cut some wood into sawdust and don't forget pictures are a good thing, good luck and congrats on the DeWalt Sarah
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

WOW Sarah, it didn't take you long to move into the big leaques. (oops lots of folks here will object to that statement) but I personally think the Dewalt is the best saw you could have. Blade changing is a breeze, so is top feeding when doing fretwork. Now all you need is a good source for blades, patterns, tape, glue, drill bits, etc. etc. etc.
        Oh well, have fun and make lots of sawdust. Don't forget to post pics of your work.
        Oh ya and as Carl always says, put that first project away in a safe place, so you can pull it out periodically and compare it to your most recent project, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll progress.

Welcome to the wonderful world of scrolling.
        Marsha
        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Question for Sarah

Hi Sarah, do you belong to any VI scrolling or woodworking groups?
          I know the woodshow this weekend in Victoria should be a good resource for you.
          Mike in Nanaimo is one of the forum members, he is the Canadian Distributor for FD blades. He is a great guy to talk to if you have any questions.

Unfortunately I won't be going to the show in Victoria, but I will be at the Cloverdale show next Friday with the BC Toymakers Society booth. They had a booth in Victoria last year. That is also worth checking out.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

You lucky gal, Sarah. Be sure to let us know how it goes with the new saw. I'm still not real clear on the difference between a type 1 and type 2 DW788. My understanding is the type 1 was made in the states and type 2, in China. I also think I've heard that people that have had issues have had them with the type 2.

Good luck and YOU GO GIRL!
            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I don't belong to any of the clubs yet. I'm hoping to go to the meeting at the end of this month though. Yes, I know Mike. Actually I work with him, and I purchase my blades and bits from him. He is a great guy and has given me lots of good advice. I won't be able to make it to the show this weekend either, as I work all weekend

Sarah
              What's that old saying?? A bad day scrolling is still better than the best day working??

Comment

Mike,

Yes, I heard that there have been issues with type 2. Something about the distance between top and bottom blade clamp is too much and when you put tension on the blade, you lose your blade. Mike actually advised me to see if I could find a type 1 as they are without that problem.

Sarah

Comment

Work with him that explains the Ryobi
                  Did you get the 18 or 16" Ryobi?

BTW I like the Dewalt too but don't tell anyone on the forum.

Oh and all references to the BORG or Big Orange Retail Giant are all in good fum
                  CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Congrats on the new love!!! Dale
                    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Well....the good news is I am going to go to the show on Sunday! I arranged to trade my shift at work....gotta love it! My Ryobi is a 16". Looking forward to going to the show on Sunday and seeing some of the work done.

Sarah

Comment

Well, be sure to take us along! And tell us everything you saw and learned upon your return! dale
                        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I did something similar once. I bought my wife a boat motor for her birthday and she said "what the hell am I gonna do with that?" I said that if she didn't like it or want it that I'd take it and put it on my boat and she could enjoy it from there. It worked to.
                          Confuscious says, "The cautious seldom err".
                          Confuscious didn't own a scrollsaw either.

Comment

How was the show Mitramom?
                            I am off to Cloverdale on Friday . I can't wait!
                            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Woodworking Show

The show was pretty good. I saw a lot of very very nice work, making me very envious Hubby bought himself a couple of new toys for the table saw. I just stuck around the scroll sawing area admiring the work and talking with some of the members of the Mid Island club here. I listened to the seminar about scroll sawing (although I only got to see about the last 45 minutes of it) and there were some very cool hints.
                              Different topic...my new DW saw is beautiful. Originally with my Ryobi I had been using the blades that came with it, and then Mike got me onto Flying Dutchman, I remember saying to my hubby how much nicer cutting was with the FD. Now....cutting with the DW compared to the Ryobi?? It's like a hot knife through butter. I can't believe how beautiful it is. It is so much quieter, and smoother cutting. It is going to take a little bit to adjust to how it cuts, but I'm definitely willing to put that time in!!

Sarah

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X