Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handibunny
    replied
    Grizzly's big floor model spindle sander has spindles that tighten clockwise. Don't ask.

Leave a comment:

• Janette
    replied
    I think the maker must have been left handed!

Leave a comment:

• evilbadger
    replied
    Originally posted by handibunny View Post
    Larry, to tighten the spindle, screw it counter-clockwise, or to the left. It makes no sense, and is the reverse of other spindle sanders I've used. Someone at Jet has a bad sense of humor!
    Carole

If they did not use a reverse thread the spindle would unscrew while you are sanding. Jet does not have a bad sense of humor it makes perfect sense. I don't know what other spindle sanders you have used but in order to use a standard thread the motor would have to spin backwards and the sandpaper tubes would also have to wrap in the opposite direction otherwise the would probably unwrap as they wear.

Leave a comment:

• Sawdust King
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
    Reminds me of a sign I saw on the door of a country store. It said "Push, if it don't open, Pull, then if it still don't open, we are CLOSED".
    I've always thought it would be amusing to see an Exit Sign on the way in to a shop, especially a New Age or Philosophy store. After all you are exiting the outside, right?

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    Reminds me of a sign I saw on the door of a country store. It said "Push, if it don't open, Pull, then if it still don't open, we are CLOSED".

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Larry, to tighten the spindle, screw it counter-clockwise, or to the left. It makes no sense, and is the reverse of other spindle sanders I've used. Someone at Jet has a bad sense of humor!

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad
    replied
    Thanks folks...that is what I was thinking but thought I should check...

Leave a comment:

• Bayward
    replied
    It will almost assuredly be the opposite way the spindle turns when using the sander to sand.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Janette
    replied
    It's opposite of the way you want to do it. Can't remember offhand which is which, but I know everything is backwards on it - right up to the nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad
    started a topic Jet spindle sander question

Jet spindle sander question

I know this is a dumb question...but please understand my mind is still not all there with all the meds. I was on from the Hospital...that being said, I have a question regarding my Jet Spindle sander. If you have this machine you know at times it is hard to loosen the spindle from the machine. I have not used this machine for about a month and I am tying to change to a larger spindle and can not for the life of me remember which way to loosen the spindle. Does the spindle loosen clockwise? Sorry for such a dumb question, but each way I try it is very tight and I do not want to break anything...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evilbadger
    Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
    by evilbadger
    Linda

I built my own CNC router and used a full size router. Those little machines don't have enough travel in the Z axis for adding the 4th axis fixture. At some point round stock will enter into the equation so you need to have room for the rotary fixture.
    Today, 04:50 AM
  • wjbclocks1
    Reply to What is it?
    by wjbclocks1
    A Shot glass holder...
    Yesterday, 11:19 PM
  • keystonecop
    Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
    by keystonecop

The Black walnut version was cut from a pattern from Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazine. That cutting was published in Scroll Saw woodworking and crafts magazine. When I got my copy of Woodworker's Pattern Book: 78 Realistic Fretwork Animals (Fox Chapel Publishing) I was surprised by the...
    Yesterday, 10:28 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to What is it?
    by will8989
    36mm. Bruce ordered the wrong size Forstner bit a few years ago and in his boredom this what he made with it.
    Yesterday, 09:06 PM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to What is it?
    by jim_mex
    What diam. are the holes Betty?
    Yesterday, 08:59 PM
Working...
X