New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy

I was digging through a box of junk and came across an old watch I won in a poker game about 25 years ago. Out of curiosity I took it to a gold buyer and they gave $1400 for it. Then I went shopping. I picked up a new bench top Skil drill press at Lowes. Love it. Easy assembly and ready to go. I didn't have to adjust anything. The old Harbor Frieght was just about dead. I also picked up a bunch of needed supplies a 16" electric chain saw to resaw the mountain of found would without having to do it outside in the cold.
    Modified a pair of cheap needle nose pliers to work on split rings for key ring etc. Bend one tip to the other and ground a taper and ground a groove in the other to hold the ring. I also found a neat little magnifier to help my old eyes do detail work for 3 bucks.
    Got more supplies on the way and will be restocking my supply of hardwood rough cut.
    I've also been working on a way to make a workable brand. Trying to find something soft enough to cut easily and still be able to to take the heat. Not there yet but I have it on the run. I'll keep you posted.
    Have some other projects in the works but they aren't ready to show yet. More to come.
    Attached Files
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Forgot a pic
    Attached Files
    Not be from Lunch.

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

Comment

Good job on the purchases. It's nice to get a windfall like that!

I'd like to know how you bent the pliers. I bought a set of pliers that are designed for split rings, but I'd like a pair to do bigger rings going around a bigger piece of wood. (1/4")

Did you use heat?

Karl
      Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Originally posted by KarlB View Post
        Good job on the purchases. It's nice to get a windfall like that!

I'd like to know how you bent the pliers. I bought a set of pliers that are designed for split rings, but I'd like a pair to do bigger rings going around a bigger piece of wood. (1/4")

Did you use heat?

Karl
        It bent easily with another pai of pliers without heat. You may want to make a steeper taper and a little longer than the one in the pic. Use a cheap pair. I couldn't see payiny $15 for a ready made pair.
        Last edited by oily; 02-19-2012, 10:12 PM.
        Not be from Lunch.

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

Comment

Now that's a woodworkers shop..."stuff" all over the place...yea howdy
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Shazam ,You get into as many tangents and projects as I do,Keeps the old gray matter working ,If I had been born in the last ten years ,someone would have tried to put my butt on ridlin or something , THE MIND IS A TERIBLE THING TO WASTE ,ANY SO MANY DO , Glad your not one , People say were so lucky ,to be able to do so many things ,I always tell them ,The harder I work ,the luckier I get ,then comes the blank looks. There are dam few days ,I don't get up looking forward to doing something ,and I get up at 5 a.m. and go till 11 ,or12 . go to bed looking forward to tomorrow ,and i'll bet you are the same way ,I worked hard all my live ,now I work hard Playing ,cheap but there are ways around that ,if you want there to be! I'm Jealous thou ,I wish I had a 1400
            dollar watch to sell I ,could find some things to add also congrates ,Enjoy ,You deserve it!
            M.V.B.
            Carl
            "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
            Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X