Henger 14E Blade Clamp Block? use one from 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henger 14E Blade Clamp Block? use one from 18

In the process of moving to a new shop I lost one of the clamp blocks. Advanced Machinery does not list a replacement part (023) for the 14E but they do list a clamp block for the 18 -- are these interchangeable?

Is there a alternate source for the 14E clamp block if they are not interchangeable with the 18...

I think the blade clamps are interchangeable. They do have different sizes though. I can interchange mine on my Polymax-3 and my Multimax-3
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

The blade clamps on my two Hegners are interchangeable. The different sizes Jim is talking about goes for the size of the blade (different thickness of the metal I think).. one clamp is supposed to be used with the lower numbered blades and another is for larger numbered blades.
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

I suggest you talk to Advanced Machinery who sells Hegners. Nice folks there and very helpful. I would get a Quick Clamp from them. It works without tools, for the top clamp only, in place of the original that requires the use of a wrench to tighten. Look Here......Hegner Scroll Saw..
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Mike at Mikesworkshop has a better one. Been using it for about 10 years and wouldn't be without it.
          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I have two from Mikes, that I used for a while, but found that they bend the blade so much at the top that I could not get them through the tiny hole, I drilled, while doing inlay work. The one form Advanced machinery has a spring loaded separate piece that goes up against the blade and it pivots with each stroke of the saw. No blade bending with this clamp. I like the lever on the one from Mikes but the metal knob on the other, works well enough for me.
            "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I've been using the knob from Hegner, and have been very pleased with it. No blade bending, and it grips nicely without requiring great strength. The Hegner parts are not cheap by any means, but as usual, you tend to get what you pay for.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X