No announcement yet.

Blade Selections and where to get them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Selections and where to get them.

Hello Everyone,
    I am trying to find out what kind of blade would be recommended for cutting 1/8" inch Aluminum. Also where can I get them. I am new to Scrolling and have no clue where to get blades. I have looked locally without luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Dennis

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 02-12-2012, 01:46 PM.
    Visit NemoCam.com to learn about the Hitachi VK series chasiss cameras.

Many of us use Flying Dutchman Blades. Mike's Workshop is a major blade dealer. Mike's Workshop selling Flying Dutchman brand fret and scrollsaw blades

They have a blade called the "Aluminum Cutter" which should work. When you call to order you will talk to Mike. Tell him what you plan to do and he will help you with your selections.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Blades are readily available in a wide variety of types, sizes, tooth configurations and manufacturers. Probably the two most popular are Flying Dutchman and Olson blades.

Links to the blade suppliers can be found over in the left margin of this page, under Scroll Saw Resources > Retailers. Most folks will tell you that Mike's Workshop is the best place for the Flying Dutchman blades and Sloan's Woodshop is a good source for Olson blades. Call either one of them and you will talk to a real person who can give you first hand advice on their blades and they both offer great customer service.
      Here are links to both sites mentioned.

Mike's Workshop
      Sloans
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thank you for the info.
        Visit NemoCam.com to learn about the Hitachi VK series chasiss cameras.

Comment

You are welcome.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• JeffieK
            Reply to My lucky day!
            by JeffieK
            Here in Mid-Michigan, my wife & I (both 65) got our first shot - the Pfizer one - last Sunday; with our second one scheduled for March 21st. Both of us were a little fatigued that evening... went to be early. Next day, just had a sore arm where we received the shot. Hope it's that way with the second...
            Today, 03:49 PM
          • planeur
            My puffin coming home....
            by planeur
            My first creation in intarsia , with a gift from my sister of that little puffin in stained glass. After couple of tests , I created this frame , as in my blue heron, and put the puffin leaving the water and waves, between rocks and with a look to his smiling rock mounster, on a beautiful sunset....
            Today, 11:16 AM
          • vgraf
            Reply to What do you think?
            by vgraf
            I have a VacuFlo system for my house. It might have enough suction for a small table saw but not for the large cabinet makers saw like you have.

Like the others have said, your Walvac might work fine for smaller tools, especially for a hand sander.

The VacuFlo actually uses...
            Today, 02:20 AM
          • vgraf
            Reply to My lucky day!
            by vgraf
            I got my second shot last week here at the Eisenhower Med Center in Palm Springs. I am 82 and in their system and was contacted by them to come in for my first shot. At the completion of that shot I was given my appt. for the second shot.
            Like yours Rolf they were really organized both times....
            Today, 01:56 AM
          • dgman
            Reply to Another Mid-Michigan Scroller
            by dgman
            Great looking work Jeff! Welcome to the forum from Southern California!
            Yesterday, 11:57 PM
          Working...
          X