Guinevere System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinevere System

I know we spoke about this before, but who of you use the Guinevere System? I have been using the ball and sleeve attachments on my drill press, but I am thinking of buying the Flex shaft and perhaps the dust extractor. Do any of you use this system, how do you like it and has anyone purchased the Base Motor and if not, what do you chuck the flex shaft into?

Thanks
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

I have the Guinevere system including the motor, pneumatic drums and ball as well as the flex wand. It was the first sanding system I got after I bought the saw and realized I needed something to shape and sand intarsia as well as softening the edges on stand-up puzzles. I use the living daylights out of the motor and drums. I have yet to use the ball and the flex wand. Those are probably still in the box because I don't do bowls or things that get insides sanded. The motor runs at about 3450 rpm which makes it a bit fast for heavy-duty shaping, but it does a wonderful job. The pneumatic drums are great because I can make them as soft or as hard as I need them to be. I also use sanding stars on this system. Unfortunately they are expensive and disposable instead of refillable.

Having said that, the workhorse sander in my shop is the General Tool system I got from Seyco. It uses flex drums and runs at 1750 rpm which is much better for shaping intarsia than the faster motor. I have never chucked a sanding drum into a drill press so I can't comment on that.

Jan

Comment

Jan, can you give me more info on the system you purchased from General Tool. I have looked them up on the web, but can not find anything regarding sanding systems. So you do not use the flex wand on the Guinevere system...I thought it would be great for intarsia, but at that speed I can understand. I have a table top drill press I don't use and thought it would be good to chuck the system into since I can step down the speed.

Thanks for the info
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Check out the Dual Drum Sanding Unit at SEYCO. That's the unit I have with the stand. There is a flex wand available for it along with a ball type sander. This sander is a real workhorse. I have mine set up with a 120 grit flex drum on the right side and a 320 grit sanding mop on the left. Ray has the adapter/arbor for that for a reasonable price. I put the RJR sanding mop refills on it. I've had it for nearly 2 years and haven't had the first moment's problem with it. The 1750 rpm speed is perfect for intarsia. Not the first hint of a burn no matter how hard or long I sand the piece.

I've never used a drill press as a sander because I can't wrap my mind around sanding sideways. I know a lot of folks do and like it. Early on in my scroll saw experience, I read something about the lateral pressure damaging the drill press so I never used it with the sanders. I figured it was an expensive tool and I didn't need to damage it any sooner than necessary.

Jan

Comment

Yea !Buddy!

Larry, I bought the Flex shaft and the Kit ,not the motor,Mounted the head of a small variable speed drill press high enough that the flex shaft and attachment just clear the floor next to my dremel 's and formby,hung the same way Right next to my 2'x4' downdraft sanding table .Works great D.D. table on wheels so everything is ajustable ,Works Great! Drill Press is Rheostet control so speed is easy to adj.Just something to consider.
          My Best!
          Carl
          "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
          Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Carl, what drill press do you have? Is the rheostat something that you added, or is that the way the speed is adjusted?
            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Jan, thank you for the good information.. Carl, by chance do you have a picture of your set up you can post here? Carole already ask the question I was going to ask. I have table model Delta that I was thinking of using, but I don't think it had a Rheostet since I have to change the belts by hand

Carl, I would really more information about your Downdraft table...picutre's and how it was built...that sounds like something I need.
              Last edited by Hawaiilad; 02-11-2012, 02:03 PM.
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Hope This Helps!

Carole,Rockwell ,old small table top modle ,as usual here "modified".
                Larry, Heres the Pix ,You Can see the arangement ,of the genieve ,fordom and dremels,really convient and handy and out of the way,forgive the mess
                I am in the middle of modifying my CDC system and tree cycloning it.
                The down Draft open and closed ,double filter system top Cover is IND'al
                30 mesh poly prop. filter screen,over metal com.wire shelve framed and hinged closure has 16" grated hole w/2 piggy backed furnace filters a head
                of comm'l manhole ventalation air unit .reversed to pull rather than push flush mounted on a castered table arrangement ,Quiet ,and works GOOD!
                oscalating sander ,belt,sander ,disc.sander "right "have own separate vac in rolling ss cab.thier mounted on. works fair ,factory hose mounts leave much to be desired. portable sander table set up handy paper ,changes minimal.looks
                messy but works fine keeps wires UNTANGLED.can move DD table to convient use point then back, if needed!

See if that explains everything ,if just let me know .would like to hear your opinions and or suggestions.
                My Very Best!
                Carl
                P.S. The mops and wheels roll up to the tree for dust control,another reason I'M working on the C.D.C. Better hood catcher assembly.,more friendly.
                Attached Files

Comment

Question Misunderstood?

I MUST have misunderstood the questions ,and answered the wrong way.
                  SORRY!
                  Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                    Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                    by cwmagee
                    A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                    Today, 07:28 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Rolf
                    Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                    That is...
                    Today, 08:15 AM
                  • Jimern
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by Jimern
                    The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                    Today, 06:29 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by will8989
                    The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                    Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                    Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                  Working...
                  X