Dust Collection with Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collection with Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone

Anyone use a Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone with their DC. My experiment with making a Thein seperator does not work very well so thinking about trying the Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone, it would save a lot of time. Does 4" flex hose fit directly onto the Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone?
    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
    with a EX-21

DC central system

Tyman ,can I ask why you feel you need a cyclone ,volume ,large chips ?
    Carl
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

I have the small Dust Deputy and it works great.I have cleaned my vacuum filter 1 time in about a year.I only have a band saw and sanders hooked to it and clean the floor debris from a power planer and circular saw.
      Tony

Comment

I want to have a separator ahead of the DC To reduce the filter cleaning and prevent chips from going into the blower and I feel it would be easier to empty and the filter would not get dirty so fast.
        Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
        with a EX-21

Comment

I believe that the top port is 6" and the intake is 5" but they do sell adapters.

I have the small Dust Deputy hooked on a shop vac and it works great.

For Dust collection I have a cyclone lid on top of a drum. It works great on the thickness planer as it drops everything to the drum and I never empty the bag.

I am going to rethink my whole dust collection system as it is real piece meal right now and I will have to think about this option too.

Don
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

The "Super Dust Deputy" has a 5" inlet and a 6" outlet. On the smaller "Dust Deputy" both inlet and outlet are 2".

I have the latter and it works like a charm with my shop vac. After using it for a couple of years I think I have made it pay for itself on what I have saved on bags for the shop vac. Normally I use the setup in connection with my bandsaw, my scrollsaw, a small circular saw, and also regular cleaning jobs indoor.

I have also used it when cleaning up outside after cutting firewood with the chainsaw. But I need to empty the bucket that gets the "dust" rather frequently when doing that kind of cleaning.
            Ivar ("treslakter" - read as "woodbutcher")

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Comment

Sorry to jump in here tvman, but I wanted to ask all of you that use the Dust Deputy hooked to your shop vac a question. You say you have this setup hooked to your bandsaw and other tools. I do not have the Dust Deputy, but do have a 1HP system with a large bag that is sold through Sears stores. I use it with the 6" hose hooked to the planner and joiner. I have a Delta bandsaw that does not have a chute for the saw dust...I have heard of people cutting a hole in the lower door of the bandsaw and hooking a hose this way...are you folks doing this as well? If so, could you post a picture of your set up.

Thanks,
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
                Reply to Big week here
                by Chuck Hans
                Congrats on all accounts,
                I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
                Today, 08:51 PM
              • cwmagee
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by cwmagee
                Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                Today, 03:36 PM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by Sandy Oaks
                So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                Today, 02:56 PM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by NC Scroller
                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                Today, 11:24 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Big week here
                by NC Scroller
                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                Today, 11:18 AM
              Working...
              X