Dust Collection with Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collection with Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone

Anyone use a Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone with their DC. My experiment with making a Thein seperator does not work very well so thinking about trying the Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone, it would save a lot of time. Does 4" flex hose fit directly onto the Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone?
    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
    with a EX-21

DC central system

Tyman ,can I ask why you feel you need a cyclone ,volume ,large chips ?
    Carl
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

I have the small Dust Deputy and it works great.I have cleaned my vacuum filter 1 time in about a year.I only have a band saw and sanders hooked to it and clean the floor debris from a power planer and circular saw.
      Tony

Comment

I want to have a separator ahead of the DC To reduce the filter cleaning and prevent chips from going into the blower and I feel it would be easier to empty and the filter would not get dirty so fast.
        Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
        with a EX-21

Comment

I believe that the top port is 6" and the intake is 5" but they do sell adapters.

I have the small Dust Deputy hooked on a shop vac and it works great.

For Dust collection I have a cyclone lid on top of a drum. It works great on the thickness planer as it drops everything to the drum and I never empty the bag.

I am going to rethink my whole dust collection system as it is real piece meal right now and I will have to think about this option too.

Don
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

The "Super Dust Deputy" has a 5" inlet and a 6" outlet. On the smaller "Dust Deputy" both inlet and outlet are 2".

I have the latter and it works like a charm with my shop vac. After using it for a couple of years I think I have made it pay for itself on what I have saved on bags for the shop vac. Normally I use the setup in connection with my bandsaw, my scrollsaw, a small circular saw, and also regular cleaning jobs indoor.

I have also used it when cleaning up outside after cutting firewood with the chainsaw. But I need to empty the bucket that gets the "dust" rather frequently when doing that kind of cleaning.
            Ivar ("treslakter" - read as "woodbutcher")

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Comment

Sorry to jump in here tvman, but I wanted to ask all of you that use the Dust Deputy hooked to your shop vac a question. You say you have this setup hooked to your bandsaw and other tools. I do not have the Dust Deputy, but do have a 1HP system with a large bag that is sold through Sears stores. I use it with the 6" hose hooked to the planner and joiner. I have a Delta bandsaw that does not have a chute for the saw dust...I have heard of people cutting a hole in the lower door of the bandsaw and hooking a hose this way...are you folks doing this as well? If so, could you post a picture of your set up.

Thanks,
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
                Reply to hegner 2"
                by MidMich324
                Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
                Yesterday, 09:30 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Spring Issue
                by will8989
                I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
                Yesterday, 09:28 PM
              • millwab
                Reply to Peanuts #1
                by millwab
                Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
                Yesterday, 02:51 PM
              • Don in Brooklin On
                Reply to Spring Issue
                by Don in Brooklin On
                Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
                Yesterday, 01:48 PM
              • theframer
                Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
                by theframer
                Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
                Yesterday, 12:05 PM
              Working...
              X