help what to put it on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help what to put it on ?

hi please dont laugh i well new to this, my scroll saw is on its way Axminster Saws (the AWVFS).i have a problem i havent anything to put it on suggestions please, oh not got lot of money thanks tracey

While your waiting for your saw,use the time to read all blogs on this site you will find just about anything you could possibly need to know about scrolling from making a saw table to tips and tricks .after, you will have a good idea of exact questions to ask ?
    My Very Best !
    Carl
    Good luck and welcome!
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

You really do not need a special table but they are nice. A lot of what/where you put it on will depend on if you sit or stand while scrolling and also your height. My saws are on a stands and I sit on a tall (30") stool. I am 5'8" and this is comfortable for me. Try sitting it on a work bench and use it a while. One piece of advice. Once you find a comfortable platform/height you want to bolt your saw to it. That will greatly reduce vibration.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

aww thanks carl an scott
        i am thinking of putting on p.c stand i have if it will fit , with a paving stone on bottom ? i am on so many sites looking at scroll sawing its so interesting and so of the things people do is so brill,,,, i have bin told i need a hobby and this is what i want to do , just hope i can do it ?? i want to so much
        thanks tracey

Comment

Just about any flat surface will do, at least temporarily. Once you decide that you want a dedicated, permanent stand, you will have to determine if you want to sit or stand while scrolling. For good ergonomics, you want the table of the saw to be at a comfortable height. You don't want to be hunched over when cutting on the scroll saw. This will contribute to neck, shoulder & back discomfort.

Once you have an idea how high the stand needs to be, then you can decide if you want to build your own or make use of a bench/desk/table, etc. It's really all about getting the saw to a comfoprtable working level and having a solid base beneath it to minimize vibration. Beyond that, the design concept is wide open.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
            Farmers market "survey"
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
            I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
            For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
            Today, 11:14 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Farmers market
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
            Today, 11:00 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
            Today, 09:57 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Rolf
            So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
            I like the fact...
            Today, 08:34 AM
          • will8989
            Reply to Farmers market
            by will8989
            Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
            Today, 08:17 AM
          Working...
          X