update on small EX 21 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on small EX 21 trouble

A few days ago I was telling about the trouble I was having with the tension lever staying in the down postion on my EX 21.
    What I ended up doing, an it fixed the trouble, was to clean the "oil" that was on the lever. Also I used a piece of fine sand paper an sanded the flat part of the lever so it sets flat when in the tension postion. It didn't take much just touched it up some.

May help others if this happens to you.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what worked for you. Glad you got the problem solved.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the tip, now if I ever have that problem I will know what to do.
      Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
      with a EX-21

Comment

I recently am having the same problem with my EX 21. It seem to be getting real stiff working but the lever would sometimes still pop up. Most of the troubles was when I was cutting some thing hard like 3/4 inch ash. Tonight I took it apart and cleaned it. It seemed to solve the stiffness. Don't about the lever problem. I will keep your solution in mind. Thanks!

Comment

Had the same problem with my EX16, sanding and cleaning didn't help. A slight adjustment with the set screw next to the cam lever did the job (a half turn down), it was to loose. There wasn't enough tension on the cam lever when clamped although there was plenty of tension on the blade.
          Doug
          Taking It Real Easy
          Doug

Doug's Wood Puzzles and Gallery

Comment

Well I'll add a thank you from the future...

..for when I finally get an Excalibur......
            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
            No task is too tedious for Art.
            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X