S.S. clean system complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.S. clean system complete

Well , I finally gotter done ,heres the last ,modification ,tested and approved by the BOSS ,devider supports ,H.D.foot switch ,and of course ajustable upper vac hose to complete the total manifold vac system .saw is now vertually dust free . Now I can go to work !
    Carl
    Attached Files
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

OK Carl...you have to share more pictures and play by play of just what you did. I see the attachment to the saw table....
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

Check out info exchange

Larry ,since last post ,I tried MBF ,1/4" and four stack, of same ,no dust ,It gets it all ! check info exchange pix s ,PM me for anything else you want to
      know,do not want to tie up this forum ,not much interest shown here ,Have you tried the magnet tip yet,I will be happy to answer any questions you have, There in no reason this system could not work on other brand saws.
      Same horse different race.
      My Very Best!
      Carl

Comment

What is the purpose of the yellow ring? I agree with Larry we need more pictures so that we have a talking point. Since we have had a couple members have some dust related health issues I think this is a great topic.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Arm rest & catch tray for cut-outs

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          What is the purpose of the yellow ring? I agree with Larry we need more pictures so that we have a talking point. Since we have had a couple members have some dust related health issues I think this is a great topic.
          Rolf, That ring configuration ,is mainly a catch tray for cut-outs from serious fret work ,or keepers for Intarsia ,My saw table is slanted ,and smooth as a babies butt ,I lowered the stand to accomidate my arm chair , it's on wheels anything on the floor ,wood chips small pcs. that fell off the saw raise havoc with wheels ,proto type [info exchange] did not stop all foreign objects from making it to the floors.After ,the change stopped that , I discovered how handy it was for an arm rest ,which needed to be braced ,rather than prostiture the clean smooth easy to remove design,I decided to combine deviders into braces ,to serve dual purposes .again because of the tilt .It however, is separate and is not part of the manifold vac system.therefore not required,if you don't mind chasing chips and things. I can take it off and take a picture for you if you want! I do have to tell you it is Sweet !

My very Best !
          Carl

Comment

Carl I think we were interested in what type of vac system you are using on your saw...we all need help with that one
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Clever idea on the small bits tray, and I am with Larry on the vacuum part.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thats Easy!

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                Clever idea on the small bits tray, and I am with Larry on the vacuum part.
                Rolf ,reclaimed Eurika upright hepa ,bagless ,new style 12Amp,neighbor threw it out ,It was just plugged up ,remover beater assembly cleaned it out,works great. You can pick them up ,cheap or free,thats the vac source.
                Carl

Comment

Pix

This Should answer some of your questions,may be not all ,if not just ask!I recycle good reuseable items when ever I can ,I have two more vacs. same style got the same way ,free!Carl!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Although the catch tray is nice to catch pieces, I think it would really bother me having to sit further back from the blade. Just going by your pictures, it seems that you would really have to stretch over the tray to see what you're cutting, especially if you're doing something detailed. I think thats the reason why scroll saws have tables only up to a certain size and the Dewalt is probably the largest. How is your comfort level and visability with the tray on compared to it being off?

Comment

actually ,it is very comfortable,and privides an arm rest ,but then I'm sitting rolled up to the saw ,it is fit to me ,it is only 3 1/2",I doubt your body is touching the edge of the saw table now ,but then I could be wrong ,I am not a very robust person ,you ,like me would have to fit it to you comfort level ,body size ,height of saw and what your sitting on will play a key role , I took ,a pc. of card board ,taped it on to the table ,took a compass set it to 3 1/2 " followed the conture of the table underneith scribed a line ,flipped it over,cut it w/ a razor mounted it back on w/taped and checked it for fit, sight and comfort you can do the same thing ,you may only want 2" I can't be sure ,but thats what I DID! By the way it is lower by 5/16 ' then the table top so there is no conflict plenty of clearance at least for me.
                      Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                        Reply to Turning to something new
                        by jim_mex
                        Too funny Scott!

Rest assured however that I have already purchased a good quality faceshield and have an ample supply of dust masks as well!

Thanks for the advice!...
                        Today, 08:20 PM
                      • vgraf
                        Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                        by vgraf
                        Very nice.
                        Today, 08:01 PM
                      • vgraf
                        Giraffe sold at charity auction
                        by vgraf

I recently donated this giraffe puzzle to an online charity auction for Hospital Lumiere in Haiti. This hospital is operated by our church's international relief organization and they hold this auction/fund raiser each year.

It was hilarious watching the bidding for this puzzle....
                        Today, 07:50 PM
                      • NC Scroller
                        Reply to Turning to something new
                        by NC Scroller
                        DANGER....DANGER....DANGER wood turning is a vortex what sucks people into the darkness that few ever return from. After all where else do you take a round tree, cut a chunk from it, and make it round again. Just not natural. Make sure you get a good face shield and you use it....
                        Today, 07:33 PM
                      • jim_mex
                        Turning to something new
                        by jim_mex
                        Hi all

Much as I love the challenge of scrolling and trying out new ideas now I've finally dropped into retirement I've been looking for something in the craft woodworking field which which I could be more productive in such that I could possibly make a little bit of pocket money out of...
                        Today, 06:56 PM
                      Working...
                      X