clean 788 in new location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean 788 in new location

Modification s proved very satisfactory ,moved location of catch tray as shown ,tilt now back it full range capable .Now ,able to use in house , w/o dust . With heat in winter and ac in summer will get a lot more use and enjoyment ,Quiet as a mouse , vac.on covered porch. All dirty work sanding etc.,will still go to shop . This is the single best project I've done in years as far as results ,cured the mess's eliminated the masks ,dusty glasses and lites ,not to mention the breathing ,and nose blowing problems . any questions just let me know ,as I mentioned before really not hard to do and not expensive .

My very Best!
    Carl
    P.S. I thing the biggest advantage is I can do a little in between what ever w/o
    having to plan special time in the shop,as much or as little as that day allows.
    Attached Files
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

I think I would get a pretty strong NO if I tried to bring my saw in the house.
    Keith

Comment

Great job, Carl - that looks like it took a lot of thinking to wind up with all the benefits you now have - that's terrific! Do enjoy your wonderful working environment! Wow, heat and AC while you're working - NICE!

Comment

Proving to a sceptical wife.

Keith ,I took her to the quiet shop ,showed her just how quiet and clean it was now.
        Those issues went away ,she can't tell I'm using it in the next room ,your right about resistance ,thankfully ,I was able to prove ,to her satisfaction ,all of my claims were true ,and had other benefits like instant access ,w/o trip to shop.or cell phone calls. these interuptions are not the frustration of having to not only stop ,but reset everything in the shop so you can leave ,heat lites,air ,blowers etc.that they were before. Now were both happy campers,
        PateM ,your so right ,especially in the winter ,not suffering or waiting for the shop to heat up,in,the morn. or having to suffer ,or quit in the heat of summer, WIN WIN !

My very best!
        Carl

Comment

That looks and sounds great. Do you have apattern for it? And before you get copied try and get the patteren right for it.
          Thanks for sharing

Comment

Sweeeet stuff Carl, that took some planning, but all I can think of when I see that yellow catch all is a baby's high chair... Now you can make the Mrs a special project for Valentines Day.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

It looks good Carl and it appears to capture most dust (or all) from the table top. What about the airborne dust, however?

Karl
              Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Wouldn't fly over here.
                Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
                with a EX-21

Comment

Answers

Tyman .I can not trump restricted air space at you house !
                  Karl ,blower deactivated,very minimal surface accumulation ,vac gets 90%,but w/o blower just sits there ,vac continues to get with movement of work piece any left that starts to accumulate ,I shut off saw switch leave ft.sw.on reach over left unplug hose from manifold 2seconds later all gone .multi hole pcs, completely self clean.
                  Wood dog. arrangement serves same purpose ,as well upper portion keeps small tools ,hole finder ,sq.,mini vice grips,etc. real handy.
                  WJB ,You have the pattern ,and the scroll saw to make your manifold.
                  Any other questions welcome,try the mangnetized set screw you will love it!
                  My very Best Carl
                  P.S. I am working on converting existing blower into the vac . system will let you know if I succeed ,that would be the cats meow! One step at a time tried two at once ,fell on my face!

Comment

I guess I missed an earlier post/thread. What is that yellow try - is it from a baby/child's high chair? Where is the vaccuum hose going - do you have it under the table sucking near the blade?
                    I did that last night for the first time using blue masking tape (temporary/trial run) to hold the hose and it worked very well (using an old canister vac which is not very loud). The hose you used looks like what crossed my mind - very light weight sump pump hose, to minimize the weight on the saw (and easier to attach than my vac's heavy hose - it's old, back when they made things thicker!).
                    I'm tempted to split the hose via a Y-adapter and (somehow) place the second hose near the right-top side of the table - to catch dust that the blower throws in that direction.

Comment

Check all my posts on tools and blades and info exchange ,that will explain alot,vaccumn is a funny breed of cat ,volume -volume ,volume ,long runs and restriction of any kind kill it, Thats why the manifold ,and short run Lg. id small semistiff upper hose.
                      see if they don't help .my best !Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X