Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9" Band saw sanding belts

will they work on a 9" saw?

I know that Sears sells (or did) bands for a 12" but is a 9" feasible for this use?

this place makes custom in the size if would want, 3/8 x 59.5" but they have ignored my emails (2) so far

http://customsandingbelts.com/abrasive.asp

My concern is with the strength vs tension as the saw seems quite "tight" even in the loosest (install) setting and was wondering if the cloth or paper backing would hold up for both the tension and pressure of use

any help would be appreciated, a responsive supplier would help too
    thanks
    Cliff

Cliffo, just checked out the refered site....was astonished at the low prices...i looked for a 59 1/2" belt which was not shown in the 3/8" width or i would order a couple and see how they work.. My bandsaw is a Ryobi and sizes are limited for this model. narrow sizes might turn out to be a bust and be useless.......... Dave

Comment

yeah, I priced them out on their calculator 1.59 cheap ( .25x59.5) and suppose I'll try a couple and some other sizes
      It irks me that they won't answer an email though....maybe a glitch
      keep you posted

Comment

Cliffo

I had the Craftsman 12" bandsaw and used the 80" sanding belts with it. The sanding belts do not take the tension like a blade will but you can get them to work. If you are sanding into a tight corner or a curve the sanding belt will try and twist because there is no support behind the belt, but you can make up a support out of a couple of blocks of wood and clamp to the table. Since I got rid of that bandsaw I now use the Jet 1 x 42 belt sander. Narrow bands can be very useful on some projects so keep us posted if they answer your email.
        Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by cwmagee
          Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
          Today, 03:36 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
          Today, 02:56 PM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by NC Scroller
          I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Big week here
          by NC Scroller
          Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
          Today, 11:18 AM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by jim_mex
          Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
          Today, 09:17 AM
        Working...
        X